I need to talk to someone

Options
bobplumber
bobplumber
Community Member

after getting families from agile, was getting wife's comp on, could not find app icon, downloaded from apple. Got refund, removed the purchased app. re-invited wife. Wife online and on laptop, using family and her own account key. Online using her account key has to use her phone 1password and it looks as if she has not completed the process, vault empty. On her computer, using her master password, all the info there. As Administrator I go online, shows she is there, but no info?? sure would be nice to talk to someone.

Bob

1Password Version: 1password6
Extension Version: safari
OS Version: osx10.11.5
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:using same account key, I have to use my master password on laptop and phone password online

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobplumber,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with 1Password. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions to try and clarify what might be happening. If I understand correctly, if your wife logs into the app then she can view all her items, but she can't see them on the browser app, is this correct? Was she a previous user of 1Password? Are you sure you've added her account when you downloaded the app?

I hope to hear back from you so we can get you sorted out :chuffed:

• bobplumber
    bobplumber
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Pilar, yes, she had 1password on her iPhone, I changed her passwords to match. If she logs into the app on her phone, all is there, if she logs into her laptop all is there. If she logs into the teams, she is there, nothing is in a vault.

When I bought 1password families on my laptop before adding her to the team, all my info synced automatically. How do I get her info in and will her devices (mac) then sync automatically as she changes info?

Thanks
    Bob

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobplumber your wife can access her 1Password data through 1Password Families by migrating everything over following the steps in this guide:

How to migrate to a family or team

That will make everything appear in 1Password Families. Does that solve your problem?

• bobplumber
    bobplumber
    Community Member
    Options

I go to migrate her items, share, and I do not get the option to share them with a vault, just airdrop and print. I have both the vault on her desktop open and online

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobplumber has she signed in to her 1Password account through her 1Password app?

• bobplumber
    bobplumber
    Community Member
    Options

no, I didn't add it to her logins yet

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobplumber it doesn't have to be added to her logins :) If she's using the latest version of 1Password for Mac, she can sign in to her 1Password account by clicking 1Password > Preferences > Accounts and then signing in from there. Once she's done that, she will be able to move her items over to the vaults connected to 1Password Families, and then they'll appear when she signs in to 1Password.com

• bobplumber
    bobplumber
    Community Member
    Options

when i put the info in a login, and got to the webpage, it is not putting the password in, and when I do put it in, 1password is not asking to save it from my desktop app?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobplumber that sounds like a separate issue. First, can your wife sign in to her 1Password account by following these steps:

1. Open 1Password for Mac
    2. Click "1Password" or "1Password 6" in the Mac's menu bar
    3. Click "Preferences" in the menu
    4. Click "Accounts" (if she's using the newest version of the app) or "Teams" (if she's using an older version)
    5. Click the "+" sign that appears in the list of accounts
    6. Enter the Families domain, email address, Account Key, and Master Password -- or scan the QR code used in the Emergency Kit

Once that's done, you should be able to follow the steps I linked to above to migrate her data over to 1Password Families.

when i put the info in a login, and got to the webpage, it is not putting the password in, and when I do put it in, 1password is not asking to save it from my desktop app?

What app are you using when this problem occurs?

• bobplumber
    bobplumber
    Community Member
    Options

did that login, no option to share to vault

• bobplumber
    bobplumber
    Community Member
    Options

think that did it, THANK YOU, I didn't check the bottom that had an account

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobplumber I'm glad to hear it!

On to your other problem:

Can you let me know if that's still occurring, and if so, with what browser and version of 1Password?

This discussion has been closed.