how do I move a login to the inactive folder?

dyost
dyost
Community Member

I want to move some of my logins to the "inactive logins" folder. How is this done?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how do I move a login to the inactive folder?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dyost,

To move items into a folder, select the items and drag them into the chosen folder in the sidebar.

There’s another way to deal with inactive Logins, however. Have you considered creating an ‘Archive’ vault? Creating a separate vault to store these items will allow you to keep them ‘just in case’, but by storing them in a separate vault, you can ensure that they’re not cluttering up your everyday items. Here’s how to set up an Archive vault:

1. Use the 1Password 6 menu and select ‘New Vault’.
    2. Customize the vault however you’d like with a unique name and colour.
    3. Once the vault is created, select all your inactive items and use Item > Share > [vaultname] > Move.
    4. Open 1Password’s Preferences and go to the ‘All Vaults’ tab.
    5. Uncheck your Archive vault so that it doesn’t show up in the default view.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, we’re here for you. :)

• dyost
    dyost
    Community Member

Thanks, Megan. The reason I asked is because the drag and drop doesn't work for the inactive logins folder. I will create an archive vault instead.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dyost,

I’m sorry for misunderstanding! I hope the Archive vault works for you, but if you’d like us to troubleshoot what’s up with the inactive items folder, we can certainly look into that as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.