I have 1PW6 on my Mac Mini. I would like to install it on my new MacBook.

Options
JoeAldrich
JoeAldrich
Community Member

How do I install it and have synch'ed both ways.

Joe

1Password Version: 1 PW 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.4
Sync Type: WIFI
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1PW6 on my Mac Mini. I would like to install it on my new MacBook and have it synch'ed both w

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JoeAldrich,

Thanks for contacting us with your question!

Installing 1Password on a new Mac is easy: You just need to download the app. If you bought a 1Password license from our AgileBits Store (or if you have a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families subscription/account), you can download 1Password from our download site. If you bought 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll need to launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to buy 1Password, and download/install it from the Purchased section.

There are a few ways to sync your 1Password data between your two Macs, however I noticed you said you're using Wi-Fi sync (which I assume is between your Mac Mini and one or more iOS or Android devices). Wi-Fi sync is designed to work between a single Mac and one or more iOS/Android devices. It will not work directly between two Macs. Unless you have a 1Password Teams/Families account, your best sync option will be to use Dropbox or iCloud. We have information on each sync option here: How to sync your 1Password data

Once you set up sync with Dropbox or iCloud from your Mac Mini, you'll be able to choose the same sync option when setting up 1Password on your new MacBook.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.