Images not displaying in 1Password for iOS

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Attachments in 1Password in lieu of Knox.

Comments

• technojosh
    technojosh
    Community Member
    Options

I have read the forums and anything I can find, but can't get images to show up on my iPhone even though they are in 1Password on my Mac. I have set up sync via Wi-Fi to no avail. I'm running 6.2.1 on MacOS 10.11.5 and iOS 9.3.2 and 1Password 6.4.1. Any ideas?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @technojosh,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password! Since your question sounds different than the issue that the original poster was seeing, I’ve split your comment into a separate thread and moved the discussion into our iOS forum. This will ensure that the right experts see your post more quickly.

Could you tell me a little bit more about what you’re seeing when you try to view an image in 1Password on your iOS device? For example, you should see a section for attachments at the bottom of the entry that you attached them to. Tapping on the attachment should bring it up in separate screen. Do the attachments not show up in the detail view of your entry, or are you unable to tap on them to open them?

• technojosh
    technojosh
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Thanks.

There are no attachments shown for any of the items that have them in the Mac product. For example, I have my wife's and my drivers licenses and both our passports in 1Passwords. Both have images of the documents in the Mac 1Password app, but those aren't showing up in the iOS app. I'm a pretty technical user and can't figure out why this is happening. I switched from iCloud syncing to Wi-Fi syncing, but hope that this is unnecessary to have images show up from the 1P database on mobile.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@technojosh it seems like this is because you haven't purchased the Pro features. Based on the screenshots you provided -- which I messaged you about -- it looks like the images are saved as attachments in 1Password for Mac. Viewing attachments on 1Password for iOS is a Pro feature; unlocking those requires a $9.99 one-time purchase or a subscription to 1Password Families or 1Password Teams.

• technojosh
    technojosh
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. I guess that makes sense. I'm pretty sure I purchased that in the past, though...how would I go about figuring that out?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@technojosh the purchase would be associated with your Apple ID. To check if you've purchased it before, open 1Password for iOS and go to Settings > Pro Features > Restore Purchase. That will check to see if you purchased it before. If it doesn't work you just have to make sure you're using the right Apple ID; if you only have the one, you probably didn't purchase the Pro features before :)

• technojosh
    technojosh
    Community Member
    Options

Silly me. I just purchased it. Thanks for the help, and sorry for being off a bit. I should have realized that was a Pro feature. Love that app. Thanks for making it kick ass!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@technojosh Enjoy the Pro features! I hope you continue to enjoy 1Password, and we'll definitely continue to kick ass :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.