1Password Mac - New Lines in Secure Notes

Options
MattStuart
MattStuart
Community Member

I'm having an issue where I'm attempting to add new line characters coming from a text editor into secure notes. 1Password is replacing them completely with spaces instead of maintaining the character. I'm also unable to manually add new line characters to my notes. Should this not be possible? Rarely is a note a single line.. seems VERY limited.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 6.2.1 (621002)
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options

@MattStuart,

Is this in the notes area, or in some other Field?

If it is in the notes area, which Text Editor are you using?

• MattStuart
    MattStuart
    Community Member
    Options

I was using other fields. Specifically I'm attempting to store all the parts of domain certificates which are pem encoded text blocks for CSR, key, Intermediate, cert, and potential chains. Each of these has a very specific format which I believe include the \n characters, spaces break the encoding.

Is there no way to set a "text" field as a multi line text field instead of solo line? Is there another place to track something like a certificate?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options

@MattStuart

All the fields are single line text fields.

How about attaching the cert file as an attachment?

• MattStuart
    MattStuart
    Community Member
    Options

That it is what I ended up doing though without the right click > "open with ..." option (double clicking opens in Keychain which isn't useful) it took me a few minutes to figure out to drag to editor app to open. Not great on mobile though. Is there a "feature request" section?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is there a "feature request" section?

@MattStuart: This is the place! I can't promise that we'll incorporate your feature requests into 1Password, but we're always open to feedback and suggestions. :)

• MattStuart
    MattStuart
    Community Member
    Options

Feature Request: Make "text box" or "note" a field type option
    Potential additional: "Open With.." option on attachments (right click context menu)

Danke!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MattStuart,

Got it! Thanks for letting us know you’re interested in that. I can see how it could be useful. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.