Fingerprint Unlock doesn't work [requires device and OS support for Nexus Imprint]

2»

Comments

• Rediwed
    Rediwed
    Community Member

@peri Sorry to bump the thread, but I'd like to report the -exact- same issue (I had already send an email to the android support mail adres).

I noticed however that between some beta updates the symptoms of this issue changed.
    At first, whenever I tapped my finger onto the scanner the application would close. This might have been due to fact that the FPS doubles as home button and 1password didn't tell it to act as a FPS (instead of Home Button). After an update (don't remember which beta it was, but I think 1 or 2 updates ago) 1p started telling the scanner correctly that it was supposed to act as a FPS, but 1p incorrectly interpreted the results of the scan (see screenshot of OP).

Please do take note that I, as most of us, am/are running the (very stable) public beta of OOS 3.0 (I think they only needed to go thru some QC before releasing as an OTA) featuring Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.

P.s./Offtopic; Does the beta version include all features of the paid app? I did buy your app but am currently running the latest beta version.

• peri
    edited May 2016

@Rediwed Thanks a lot for the update! I will indeed take note that many of the users experiencing this problem are running Oxygen OS 3.0. I'll let the developers know what you've found. ref: OPA-839

The beta does indeed unlock the Pro features, so don't worry about losing them if you switch to the beta channel. :)

• Rediwed
    Rediwed
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Update: As of version 6.3.1b4 this bug is still persistent.

• Indeed, @Rediwed. We have not been able to resolve this yet. It's under investigation, though!

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member

For what it's worth it's happening N preview 3 6P

• I just updated my Nexus 6P to Android N Preview 3 as well. I don't see any problems with Fingerprint Unlock. Could you tell us what error message you are seeing? Also, does it help if you disable and re-enable Fingerprint Unlock in 1Password's Settings > Security?

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member

Just realized my error message is not the same

Fingerprint Unlock unavailable
    Fingerprint Unlock could not be enabled because an error occurred:
    javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException

I ended up doing a clean install and that's when it became a problem. I actually can not enable it now everytime I do then touch the sensor I get the message

• Thanks @tommyent. I tried a few different configurations but still am unable to reproduce the issue on my 6P. I would like to ask you to create a diagnostic report, so I can follow your configuration as closely as possible.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we are able to replicate the behaviour, we can figure out what’s going on! Thanks in advance.

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member

@saad just sent again with link to this post

thanks

• saad
    edited May 2016

Thanks @tommyent. I was able to reproduce the issue after adding a new fingerprint on Android N Preview 3. We will look into this!

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member

@saad thanks for the update

• injectx
    injectx
    Community Member

Fingerprint Unlock on OnePlus 2 confirmed working on latest 3.0.1 beta!

• dendirk
    dendirk
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Hi everyone, the problem here is solved with the new oneplus 2 update oxygen 3.01 beta!
    It is out since today and the fingerprint login is working perfect in 1 Password now.

• @injectx @dendirk Woo! So excited to hear Fingerprint Unlock is working with the latest Oxygen beta. Thanks for the update :)

• @tommyent I can enable Fingerprint Unlock in 1Password with the latest Android N beta after rebooting the device. Could you try that and let me know if it works for you? Thanks.

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member

@saad it's working thanks. Made my day :)

• Awesome to hear that! Every time I add a new fingerprint or remove my old one, I run into this error with Fingerprint Unlock. Rebooting does fix the issue, so I think it might be a bug in the latest Android N beta release.

• Rediwed
    Rediwed
    Community Member

I can confirm that the fps works on the OOS 3.0.1 update!

• Ooh, that's super great to hear, @Rediwed. Thanks! :)

• Claudio79
    Claudio79
    Community Member

Hi there to everyone, I have the same error "javax.crypto.AEADBadTagException" on my new Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro (all updated) when I'm trying to activate the finger print unlock function, pleaseeeeeeeeee fix this issue. Thanks a lot

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Claudio79: I'm sorry for the confusion. That isn't something we can fix. You're getting this error because your device either does not have the necessary hardware to support Nexus Imprint fully (which is the Google API needed for 1Password's fingerprint support), or the software doesn't (yet?) support it properly. We don't have any plans to support non-Nexus-Imprint-compliant fingerprint hardware.

• Claudio79
    Claudio79
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for your kind answer, can you give me any suggestion how I can know if I don't have the necessary hardware, or if I just need to wait a software update? Thanks Again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Claudio79: I really thought I'd be able to find a list of devices that officially support Nexus Imprint, but I haven't been able to (nor could I find information specific to that model). So really only the vendor could tell you for certain if it just needs a software update or lacks the hardware to fully support it. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. :(

• upnic
    upnic
    Community Member

+1

Using Xiaomi Mi5 device

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@upnic: I think there may be some confusion. 1Password for Android already has fingerprint unlock support. However, this requires the device and OS you're using support Google's Nexus Imprint standard. We will not be adding one-off support for individual devices.

• vitaly_d
    vitaly_d
    Community Member

@brenty That is really sad, most of apps work fine with my device (redmi4 pro), including mobile bank applications. But 1pass gives me this "fingerprint unlock could not be enabled because an error occurred: javax.crypto.aeadbadtagexception" error

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vitaly_d: I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you're using the same device that was mentioned above, which, like others here, seems to missing support for some of Google's Nexus Imprint APIs. I'm not sure if that's something that could be fixed in a software update, or if it just isn't supported by the hardware. :(

ref: OPA-839

This discussion has been closed.