1Password 6.0.2 hangs after entering master password

Options
2»

Comments

• tgage
    tgage
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having this problem on my Mac (OS X 10.11.4) using the latest versions of Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. The problem happens when you enter the master password in any browser, the mini app, or the main app. When using a browser, the 1Password pulldown freezes and sits on-tp of the screen (over any windows) until it has finished hanging (about 1-3 minutes).

I am using 1Password 6.2.1 (from your website) with two team accounts, each with multiple vaults. I believe that the hang may be associated with connecting to the team accounts even though I did not see this behavior with the Team beta. On reboot, this problem still happens. Once the hang has cleared, 1Password will work fine until the vault locks (computer sleeps, login screen, or timeout). When I then have to enter the master password, 1Password will again hang (every time) for 1-3 minutes.

This problem has reduced the functionality of 1Password to a point that I am considering cancelling my two Team/Family subscriptions and switching to another password manager.

I have a diagnostic file, but I cannot attach it here.

Regards,
    Tim

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tgage,

Do you find the issue persists after you update to 1Password 6.3?

• tgage
    tgage
    Community Member
    Options

Well the hang seems to have been solved, but I cant install the 4.5.6 Safari extension. Thanks for pointing out the 6.3 has come out.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad that resolved things! It should have, but it's always good to get confirmation. Thanks, @tgage. :)

As for the Safari extension, please see:

How to fix the "Safari can't install this extension" error

Let me know if you're still having trouble after that.

• tgage
    tgage
    Community Member
    Options

Restarting Safari did not work, but uninstalling the extension and then reinstalling worked. Thx.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! That's great news. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.