Change master password in beta for teams

Options

This is not working for 1password for teams. There is no button on the security tab

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:How do i change the master password for 1password for teams?, kb:change-master-password

Comments

• Hi @AlexUsov,

Thanks for writing in. Currently, the only way to change your 1Password for Teams password is to use the Mac or iOS apps. Once you change it on one device all other devices should prompt you for the new password.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• AlexUsov
    AlexUsov
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rick,
    How do I change the password on the Mac, which menu do I need to use if Im running the Beta version.

Thanks,
    Alex.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AlexUsov

to change your 1Password for Teams account password open up the Preferences of 1Password on your Mac and select the Teams tab. There choose your Teams account and click on the Change Password button.

• AlexUsov
    AlexUsov
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys! Had to the "Primary" vault and change the password ;)

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AlexUsov I assumed you wanted to change the Teams account password as we are in the 1Password for Teams forum - my bet.

To change the master password of the Primary vault you'd have to switch to it and then go to Preferences > Security and select Change Master Password.

• Duelist71
    Duelist71
    Community Member
    Options

What do you do if you do not have a MAC or iOS device to change your Master passwords as a teams user. I wanted to change it because there is a character that is hard to type on one of my devices.

• rob
    Options

Hi, @Duelist71. We'll be adding the ability to change the Master Password from the 1Password for Teams web site hopefully soon.

Which device(s) are you currently using with your 1Password for Teams account?

• ninjawa
    ninjawa
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also looking to change my master password on a non-Mac device. I'm using the Windows App and the Android app.

• Jacob
    Options

@ninjawa Thanks for the feedback. We're hoping to add the capability to the Android app soon. :) In the meantime, I hope you don't mind using the same Master Password.

• micradot
    micradot
    Community Member
    Options

@rob - would love to know when i can change my master password in teams too

• rob
    Options

Hi, @micradot, and welcome to our forum!

It's still on our list, but we've been focusing on some other changes recently. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to it soon.

• Hugh
    Hugh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'd also like to change my master password (I didn't realize it was shared across users--this is the case correct?). I don't have any Apple devices. Any updates on this?

• Jacob
    Options

@Hugh I don't have any updates to share at the moment, but please keep an eye on the top of this forum for updates. We're hoping to have something ready very soon.

ref: B5-110

• Hugh
    Hugh
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth Ok thanks.

• Jacob
    Options

No problem. :wink:

• Hugh
    Hugh
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi. I see there's a form for changing the master password in the Windows modern app, but it doesn't actually seem to change the master password. It's been a few months, is there any update for those of us who don't have Apple devices? Or am I missing something?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hugh,

The other posts in this thread are pretty old. You can sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Then choose My Profile from the account menu. Then click Change Master Password. :+1:

• Hugh
    Hugh
    Community Member
    Options

@khad Ah ok! Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem! It's my pleasure to help. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.