Filling in app. Can not find the login

mzel
mzel
Community Member

When I try to fill in the password in the Android app 1P says
Choose a login for com.xxx.android.anywhere.
I have 4 logins for different sites of XXX, and one of them should fit in the app. I added the above string in the list of URLs in that login as the 1st entry, but 1P still shows only 1 login out of 4 in the suggested list, and not the one I need.

1Password Version: 6.3.1.b4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @mzel. Apps don't tell us what URL they're associated with, so we do that manually. To determine this, we reverse the package name.

Here's Saad's example from another thread:

For example, the Twitter app’s package name is com.twitter.android. Reversing the package name gives us android.twitter.com, which means the domain associated to the Twitter app is twitter.com. We noticed many apps use this approach for their package names, which made this solution work in most cases.

If you have an app with a package name com.xxx.android.anywhere, try to create a Login with the URL https://anywhere.android.xxx.com. Let us know if that helps!

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Yes, this worked. Thanks
    Would be nice to have this visible somewhere in the manual

• I'm glad to hear that. :) I'll pass your feedback along to the documentation team. :+1:

• mdmangus
    mdmangus
    Community Member

@peri,

It would be nice if it didn't have to be the first website entry. When I'm on the desktop browser extension if I do a quick search for login and hit enter it takes me to the bogus package address for website. I have to be patient and select the website2 to manually navigate correctly.

Really would like this cleaner on Android period so it doesn't mess up my mac usage of 1Password! Hell just create a new field for Android Package and let us Android users put the com.package.whatever there. If you can't do that at-least make it where we can put the package in website2, etc instead of always needing to be the first website entry.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

@mdmangus Agreed, the ability to more smoothly associate Android applications with logins would be a huge improvement. I believe one of the developers indicated they would look into this down the road. That was a few months ago, so hopefully it's something they will be looking into soon.

• @mdmangus I appreciate the feedback. I think there are a few things that could help here. Support for multiple URLs on Android would allow you to keep the package URL as a secondary one.
    ref: OPA-55

Another thing that I think would help would be adding support for creating associations between URLs and package names.
    ref: OPA-374

That said, it would be great if we could improve identifying URLs based on package names, and I'll pass your feedback along to the team.

I do have an idea that might help with the issue you're having now. If you like, you could create separate Login items for these apps so that they don't mess up your Mac usage.

Let us know if you have any other questions or problems!

• mdmangus
    mdmangus
    Community Member

@Peri,

I'd rather not have to separate logins to maintain. To me I'll stick with just having to always do the search for login. I feel the hacks are not worth it. Plus I can feel the pain and continue to come back to forums to remind 1Password to work on this need. I used LastPass before coming back to 1Password and they figured out how to associate the apps so I'm confident you guys will figure it out. If not maybe you guys can reach out to LastPass and see if they will share how they handled it on Android. :-). Wishful thinking right...

• I totally understand, @mdmangus. I was just trying to offer an alternative. I've passed your feedback regarding URL associations to the team, so hopefully we'll be able to improve it in the future. Thanks again!

• rgmills
    rgmills
    Community Member

Would it be correct to assume this is why using chrome has no luck autofilling as well?

• Hi @rgmills. Filling should work in Chrome. Can you confirm that you have the keyboard and accessibility service enabled?

If you do have both the keyboard and accessibility service enabled, are you having trouble filling in any specific sites? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.