dropbox html unaccesible

My works laptop doesn't allow install any program without the admin credentials, for that reason I'd been using 1password web in dropbox, but an update in the web version of dropbox doesn't allow me to diplay the html as I used todo, any ideas how can I keep using my web vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:browser-extension

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @carlosrja76. The 1PasswordAnywhere feature has been removed. You can read more about this in Dave's post in the Lounge. There's a lot of comment in that thread going back and forth, and we certainly understand that many users relied on 1PasswordAnywhere, but it's time to move on. If you have any additional comment, please do feel free to comment on Dave's thread. We welcome all the feedback, but what we can say pretty confidently is that there is no plan to bring 1PasswordAnywhere back, at least not in anything like its previous approach.

Cheers!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• SyberKnight
    SyberKnight
    Community Member

@jxpx777 - you said "many users relied on 1PasswordAnywhere, but it's time to move on" - i'd like to know what you mean by "time to move on" please.
    surely you are not suggesting we find a different pwd manager other than 1P, right?!

this 1PA feature is something i too relied on when i was away from my devices/computer & needed some info in a pinch. was rather embarrassed today when i was in such a situation & was touting that with 1P you could do this & then i couldn't.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@jxpx777 - you said "many users relied on 1PasswordAnywhere, but it's time to move on" - i'd like to know what you mean by "time to move on" please. surely you are not suggesting we find a different pwd manager other than 1P, right?!

@SyberKnight: Not at all. What Jamie means is that like 1Password 3, 1PasswordAnywhere is based on some very old technology, and cannot function as it once did.

Both were developed together in 2009 — before Chrome even existed on the Mac, if you'll believe that! A lot has changed since then. And much as 1Password 3 doesn't work quite right on El Capitan, 1PasswordAnywhere too is a casualty of changes to browsers in the past 7 years and, most recently, changes to Dropbox itself, both of which combine to prevent 1Password.html from accessing other files in your AgileKeychain vault to load your data.

It's certainly not a loss anyone is excited about, but at the same time we've gained a lot over the years: better browser security, 1Password for Android and Windows (to join 1Password for Mac and iOS), and more recently 1Password Families (and Teams); none of which are replacements for 1PasswordAnywhere, but they each fill specific roles that 1PasswordAnywhere once had to.

• SyberKnight
    SyberKnight
    Community Member

@brenty - ah, thanks for that explanation.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Be sure to reach out if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.