Bug: Cancelled 3D touch sometimes freezes app

Options
tsf
tsf
Community Member

Hi,

I have encountered a strange bug when starting to peek but cancelling before the preview starts to display. About half of the time, the app freezes. I think it might happen more when the app is only recently launched, as I have most often experienced it on the Favourites tab as soon as I've unlocked 1Password.

Hope this is useful,

Toby Foster

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3 on iPhone 6s plus
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tsf,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and I am sorry to hear that you've been experiencing app freezes when using 3D Touch in 1Password.

I too have an iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 9.3 so I tried to reproduce the freezes. Here what I did:

• Quit 1Password (Double press on the Home Button and quit the app).
    • Launched 1Password and unlocked with Touch ID.
    • Go to the Favorites tab.
    • Slightly 3D Touch an item and take the finger off as soon as the preview starts.

I tried this several times, and I never encountered the freezes. Am I missing something?

I look forward to your reply :smile:

• tsf
    tsf
    Community Member
    Options

That's ok, it's not a problem! I've only unintentionally done it once, I just thought I'd report it.

That's all correct, apart from the last bullet point. It's if you start to 3D Touch without the preview even starting to appear. So when the row item is starting to jump up and the rest of the screen is greyed out, but before the Peek shows.

I've just noticed that once the app freezes, if you return to the home screen, open 1Password and unlock, the Peek is displayed, and nothing will happen until you Pop, it which point you can continue using the app as usual.

Using the demo vault, this is how much you 3D Touch:

And this is what it looks like after I return to the home screen, open 1Password and unlock (not touching the screen):

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello again @tsf,

Thanks for getting back to us and for sending us more details about how to reproduce this issue. YAY!

I tried several times to re-create it, but it only happened twice. This allowed me to file and document an internal bug (OPI-3457).

Once again, thanks so much for reporting this issue. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

All the Best,

ref: OPI-3457

• teebone
    teebone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

This is now May 30th and apparently this bug has not been fixed? And this is a bug as I have the same exact behavior and so does my friend who purchased a 6s plus like me. When will this be resolved? I have tried numerous other apps and every time I try to preview and it does not completely work, those apps do not freeze. We have exactly the same behavior as tsf described above.

Thanks

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@teebone thanks for letting us know that you are encountering this issue, and our apologies for the inconvenience. I've let the dev team know that it isn't an isolated problem and hope we'll have a fix soon.

ref: OPI-3457.

This discussion has been closed.