Apple app store says no updates available ... I have 1Password Version 6.2.1 (621001) Mac App ?

kmiracle
kmiracle
Community Member

I saw a post on your FB page asking if I had updated 1 password yet. Looks like the new version is 6.3. The apple app store says there are no updates available. What's up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:So how do you update it? The apple app store says there are no updates available. I have version 6.2.1 when I check about 1 password.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@kmiracle

Likely its still making its way through the approval process or it has not made it out to all the various stores.

Edit: It is available here in the US store. I would recommend waiting a little longer. Additionally which store did you purchase from ? There is nothing I can do, (non staff) but your answer will be here when the staff get here and they can follow up with you.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, that is a tiny bit strange. I'm seeing it here in the US App Store as well. That said, I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. It was only released yesterday. It may just still be propagating through the various caches.

App Store caches sometimes propagate in their own mysterious way. :)

• kmiracle
    kmiracle
    Community Member

Thanks and purchased from the apple app store

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@kmiracle,

Open 1Password and choose 1Password > About 1Password from the menu bar. It should say AgileBits Store or Mac App Store. Can you confirm for me what it says in your case? Just thought I'd double-check this… just in case. :)

• kmiracle
    kmiracle
    Community Member

1Password
    Version 6.2.1 (621001)
    Mac App Store

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@kmiracle,

Okay. That makes sense. Just wanted to make sure since it seemed like you were correcting me when I mentioned the App Store earlier. I've seen some folks get confused between the two different App Stores for iOS and Mac. I'd recommend sitting tight for another day or two. It does seem odd that is hasn't shown up for you yet, but it's still in the early days of the update. :)

Are you running OS X El Capitan 10.11.5? If not, and you are running 10.11.4, are you seeing the update for 10.11.5? Just curious if you are seeing other App Store updates as that might be a clue.

• kmiracle
    kmiracle
    Community Member

Yes ... update to 10-11.5 was on 5-17.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@kmiracle, got it. Yeah, let's just wait this out a little bit longer. :)

• kmiracle
    kmiracle
    Community Member

Yup nave seen updates hit my wifes computer a day or two before or after mine ... so they must roll them out in waves.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

• ChrisSitia
    ChrisSitia
    Community Member

I have the same problem and purchased from the Dutch App Store. More strange is that on another Mac I have the update has been installed several days ago.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChrisSitia: It may simply be that the cache on that machine hasn't expired yet. Try restarting your Mac and then manually check for updates in the App Store.

I don't pay enough attention to my other Macs to know if this happens to me (I just wait until it nags me), but I know my iOS devices often refresh and offer the latest iOS update at different times unless I check manually for updates.

• ChrisSitia
    ChrisSitia
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty. After a restart the update is recognised now.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@ChrisSitia, on behalf of brenty, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear everything's up and working properly. If there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.