I purchased 1Password 6 and its asking me for a license key. I never received a license key!

Joey_UCSD
Joey_UCSD
Community Member

Where is the license key. I purchased the upgrade to 6 from Agilebits and I can not sign in to it. It asks for some information that i did not receive after purchasing i.e. license key. I entered my other license key but it tells me that it is not valid. So where is this license key? Then how do I import all my stuff over?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.3
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased 1Password 6 and its asking me for a license key. I never received a license key!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Joey_UCSD,

I'm sorry you're having trouble activating the 1Password 6 app with your license! I'm sure we'll be able to help straighten this out one way or another.

If you purchased an upgrade to a 1Password 6 for Mac license from our AgileBits Store, you should have received an email with your license information. That email would have a link you can click to apply the license file to 1Password. We explain more about that here: If you purchased 1Password from the AgileBits Store

If you need to have your license information resent to your email, you can do that from the "I've lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site.

Now, from your description, it sounds like you entered your 1Password 3 license code somewhere. However, 1Password 6 for Mac doesn't ask you to type a license code because it's activated with a license file. Is it possible you were asked to enter an "Account Key" (as well as a sign-in address and email address)? If so, you may have mistakenly clicked the button for "Sign into your 1Password account". You would only use that option if you've signed up for a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families account/subscription, but it sounds like you have a standalone license for the 1Password for Mac app. Therefore, you can ignore the "Sign into your 1Password account" button.

If 1Password is still showing you a window to sign into a 1Password Account, just click the "Welcome to 1Password" link at the bottom to go back to the main setup page. From there, 1Password 6 should show that it found your data from 1Password 3 and allow you to use that data. When you choose to do that, it should ask for your master password like normal.

Does that help? If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.