Sorting by date issue

jhamer
jhamer
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Any sorting by date (i.e. time created, or time modified) is sorting alphabetically by the month abbreviation instead of the intended calendar date. For example: Apr, Dec, Feb, Jan, Mar... etc. Took me a second to figure out what was going on there. I knew I had logins modified since April. :-)

Thank you!

1Password Version: 2016.5.2904d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10 build 14352
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jhamer,

This is a known issue and is among the bugs I plan on fixing. Thanks for taking the time to point it out to us :)

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member

Can I ask for an update on this fix please? I know there are major UI improvements in the works, but sorting seems a basic and necessary capability. Specifically asking for proper time modified, time created, and if possible date last used. And to have the sort option maintain state across selecting categories and/or changing vaults.

Thank you!

• @jhamer please install 6.0.165 ;)

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Hey @SergeyTheAgile thanks for the quick response! Appreciate you adding the sort, but a couple of comments about the addition. You just can't make some people happy, eh? ;)

In my opinion, it should sort descending by default. Maybe selecting again to toggle to ascending, or arrow buttons or something.

When changing vaults, the sort reverts to by title. I think it should stay where I left it.

Also, it's creating a new header for almost every item. Looks like modified (to the day), vault, category type, all cause a new header entry. Screenshot below. Thank you!

• @jhamer we ship happiness in a smaller boxes, i'm packing next batch soon ;) Descending order is a good idea, applied to code. Sort order reverse is definitely something I need to look into, but first I want to make sure there is only one June 2016. Thanks for your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.