Search needs to include Tags, please [Type tag in search box to search for it]

Options
jeffam70
jeffam70
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

[I haven't tried the Windows beta yet; just read the forums]

One thing I'm really wanting across all 1Password apps/platforms is for the Search to match Tags.

I create new fields in various password entries and I usually add tags that relate to those fields (both directly and indirectly) in hopes to find that password entry easily later on... but the apps I've tried so far do not match the search query against Tags (or most of the body of the password entry, for that matter).

This is a serious detriment to a great password system. Please make this enhancement and I can finally dump my old password system. :-)

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: any

Comments

• @jeffam70 thanks for your feedback! Indeed tags are great tool to keep stuff organized. While it's not visible yet, the Windows beta app look into tags when it search for items. Simply type tag (or piece of it) into search box and hit ENTER. App will show all items that has match in the title or tags. Full search is coming later. Hope that helps :)

• jeffam70
    jeffam70
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that helps! Thanks @SergeyTheAgile - I appreciate the response and I will look for that with eager anticipation.

• Thanks @jeffam70! We're really excited about 1Password 6 for Windows and also our UWP app for Windows 10. Thanks for your eagerness and for getting in touch :chuffed: Have a great day!

• jeffam70
    jeffam70
    Community Member
    Options

Me too, @Doodler_Benji. I've been transitioning to 1Password for Teams at work and immediately jumped in with 1Password for Families as it would fit a need for us very well. As I've experimented, I quickly found that the Windows 1Password4 just didn't have all the features we need, as well as the iOS app, so I've been only using the web interface and have seen/heard all the things the OSx app can do, so I patiently hoped all those features and more would be integrated across all the platform apps. It looks like you're all working hard to make that happen.

• Thanks, @jeffam70! We are definitely working hard to make exactly that happen! 1Password 6 for Windows and our Windows 10 UWP App have been recently built from scratch to make sure we can take advantage of some really great Windows features too! Like being able to use Windows hello, and with the UWP app having the cross device experience is a really exciting opportunity for us. Thanks for your patience!. :chuffed:

• jeffam70
    jeffam70
    Community Member
    Options

@Doodler_Benji - I recently learned 1Password for Windows is written in Delphi. Is that still the case for 1Password 6? If so, I'm curious if you have plans to switch from VCL to Firemonkey controls and take advantage of Delphi's cross-platform support. It'd help extend a single code base across all platforms, make features more consistent across apps, and reduce development time, assuming it fits your team structure and future plans. Though I'm a long-time Delphi developer, I'm speaking here solely from my desire for consistency in 1Password Apps as I use all the major platforms (desktop and mobile) on a regular basis.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password 4 is written in Delphi, but 1Password 6 is written a WPF application written in C# and XAML @jeffam70, and we plan to extend 1Password 6's reach beyond Windows sometime down the road. But, we first need to have a stable, rock-solid app on Windows before looking elsewhere :)

• jeffam70
    jeffam70
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification, @mohamedosman. If I understand correctly, your ultimate goal is to create a consistent 1Password experience across platforms; one that is very robust. I'm happy to hear that. Keep up the great work!

• MikeT
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @jeffam70,

If I understand correctly, your ultimate goal is to create a consistent 1Password experience across platforms; one that is very robust

Yes, that's one of the goals for 1Password 6 for Windows and the entire goal of the 1Password Families/Teams service being the central point of it all.

This discussion has been closed.