Advantages of Team Pro over Family?

Options
scrooks
scrooks
Community Member

With the special early bird pricing, a Team Pro account is only $1/month more than a Family account. Are there any advantages to paying the $1 more?

Comments

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @scrooks!

It depends on what you would be using a 1Password account for, but the primary advantages of using a Teams Pro account over Families are: You have advanced access control as an Owner, 5 GB of storage per person, and unlimited item history. But as @dahanbn said, you'd be paying $5 for each Team Member, as opposed to $5 for up to five Family Members.

Hopefully that makes things a bit more clear! :)

–Max

• scrooks
    scrooks
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! I read too fast and missed the $5/person. Okay, the Family plan is definitely the best for me, especially since I nabbed it at $4.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep! The annual plan definitely helps! :) :+1:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I would still like the feature of the activity log ;)

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

@ntimo Is there no logging at all on Families? I imagine less tech-savvy family members could get themselves in trouble. Would be good to have an audit trail of what they might have (accidentally) done.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @ntimo,

Activity log is coming soon to Teams Pro accounts! ;)

@EnerJi: All Families and Teams accounts have at least 30 days of Item History, the ability to restore previous versions of items. This is pretty helpful in case of accidents. And you can use vault access controls to allow certain members to see and use, but not edit, items in a vault.

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member
    Options

30 days is kinda useful. The problem is accidents can easily go unnoticed for more than 30 days especially with the kind of data stored in 1password. At which point you're completely out of luck. With the type of data keeping the last 5 versions or something would have been far more useful

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tommyent: I apologize for the confusion here! As Vee noted, 1Password Accounts always include at least 30 days of item history...but this differs based on the account:

*The Pro plan is available for the price of Standard during the early adopter period (ends July 31st).

And given that this discussion is in the 1Password Families category of the forums, I think you're probably okay there when it comes to "accidents". ;)

I hope that clears things up a bit. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.