"Moving out" of a 1Password Account

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: family account vs family licence.

Comments

• Viraj
    Viraj
    Community Member
    Options

how does one move out of family account? It's showing when I log into 1password.com. However I have purchased a single user license. The problem seems to be when I downloaded the trial version and it created a family account. Now my 1password on Mac is syncing with 1cloud. However, 1password on my iPhone seems to be syncing with the 'family account' in 1password.com. please help. I am very frustrated - it's the 3rd day and as 1password has regenerated passwords in Mac (and synced them to iCloud) but I can't login in to any o the sites using 1password..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Viraj: Sorry for the confusion! A 1Password Account is created when you sign up for 1Password Families (or Teams). This is separate from a standalone license, where you can create local vaults and sync them with iCloud or Dropbox.

Do you have data in any vaults when you login to 1Password.com? If not, all you need to do is reinstall the app on your iPhone and choose "Use without an account" as an existing user, so you can sync your data with the Mac using iCloud.

If, however, you have data in your 1Password Account, you'll need to login to it in 1Password for Mac. Then you can move items between your 1Password Families vaults and the Primary (iCloud) vault using the Share menu:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Viraj
    Viraj
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Brent - Thanks for the solution. Exactly like you said. Cool eye patch! Am recommending 1Password to all my friends in Delhi/Bombay. The other thing I wanted to ask is regarding storing of bank account passwords. Maybe the bank security does not allow 1Password to prompt me to save the password? Anyhow am sure it can only improve. Your site should also some info for individual license buyers. The team/family thing (with App, iCloud also) had m really confused. Maybe it's middle age.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Dear Brent - Thanks for the solution. Exactly like you said. Cool eye patch! Am recommending 1Password to all my friends in Delhi/Bombay.

@Viraj: You're very welcome! And thank you! :pirate: :+1:

The other thing I wanted to ask is regarding storing of bank account passwords. Maybe the bank security does not allow 1Password to prompt me to save the password? Anyhow am sure it can only improve.

Banks can be very tricky. Many actually go out of their way to prevent password managers from working. Fortunately in most cases there will be a solution. One is to fill your login credentials and then manually save them in 1Password using the browser extension. And of course if you have trouble with 1Password's saving or filling on a specific site, please let us know so we can try to improve it for you in the future!

Your site should also some info for individual license buyers. The team/family thing (with App, iCloud also) had m really confused. Maybe it's middle age.

It isn't just you. 1Password Teams/Families is so new that it can be confusing, but we're always here to help in any way we can! And if you have any suggestions for how we can make things clearer, we'd love to hear them. Thanks so much for your feedback — and support! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.