Sync field missing in Preferences for 6.3 on Mac

kent23124
kent23124
Community Member

I have 1Password on an iPhone and iPad, as well as other computers at work. I had a problem on my iPad, went to sync it with my Mac at home, and noticed the sync field in preferences is totally missing. It is there on the iOS devices. Haven't been back to work to check those machines yet. In the meantime, I have lost all passwords on my iOS devices.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Sync options are missing in 6.3 for Mac

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kent23124,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If all your items are in team vaults, they are keep up to date between all your devices. On your Mac, you sign in to your team account on the Accounts preference pane. We have an article with a video here:

Quick Start: 1Password Families and Teams

Do you have items in vaults outside of your team? If so, we can help you get those syncing as well. Just let me know. All your team vaults should be there once you sign in to your account, though.

• Ozzie
    Ozzie
    Community Member

I have just paid for the "new deal" for one year and it had me setup a new account. It is empty and I want to sync / migrate my existing account information - logins etc on my iMac.
    I found the help feature and it says "From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences" I can not find any 1Password Menu nor Preferences. Can you help?

• @Ozzie Do you have 1Password open on your Mac? It'll need to be running for you to access its preferences. If you don't, launch the app from your Applications folder first and you'll see those menus in your Mac's menu bar. :) Let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.