having nothing but problems with families, my wife and I want separate accounts

Options
bobplumber
bobplumber
Community Member

Problems with families since day one. I like the basic product, I want to get separate accounts. My wife's info is going into my personal vault, I have to use a separate old password to get in my iPhone, and it is very poor you can't speak with someone to resolve these issues, don't need to hear all the reasons, I just want out. These are the issues now, not all the issues i've had. I took a simple working system and moved to families, now i'm very unhappy. If I can move to separate accounts easily, fine. if that can't be done easily, i'll go with a different system and start over. All we really wanted was to have access to each others info incase of an accident, mistake or forgetfulness, it seems much easier accomplished by sharing a password on separate accounts.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Nothing but problems with families, want to go to individual accounts

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobplumber,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us again. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I wonder if you and your wife are sharing a single account in your family. You should each have a separate account with separate Master Passwords. Then you can store your personal items in your Personal vault, and she can do the same with her own Personal vault. Any items you want to share, just put them in your Shared vault.

1. Sign in to 1Password.com.
    2. Click your account name in the top right corner, and choose Admin Console from the menu.
    3. Click Family Members.

Are you and your wife both listed there?

• bobplumber
    bobplumber
    Community Member
    Options

yes, we both are

• Jacob
    Options

@bobplumber Thanks for clarifying. I checked your account and it does look like all the items are in your Personal vault. You can move the ones that are your wife's to the Shared vault and so your wife can put them in her Personal vault.

In 1Password for Mac, select the items you wish to move by holding Command on your keyboard while clicking them, or select them all by pressing Command A on your keyboard. Make sure you're in the vault you want to move things from. I would suggest the Shared vault in your case since that is available to both you and your wife. With the items selected, choose Items -> Share from the menu bar, then select the vault you want to move them to and click Move. Then have your wife follow the same steps to move those items to her Personal vault.

Let us know if that helps clear things up. :)

This discussion has been closed.