I'm a bit lost with family integration...

Options
koapus
koapus
Community Member

I own an iPhone, a Mac and so do my wife.

Me: 1P 6.2.1 on both iPhone and Mac
My wife: 1P 3.7.2 on the iPhone and 3.8.22 on the Mac

I would like that each one of us could get access on its device to the other one's vault.

How can I achieve that ?

Thank you !

Philippe

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Philippe ( @koapus ),

1Password Families is a great way to share your data with your wife. In order for your wife to use 1Password Families, however, she will need to upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6.

How is your data currently set up in 1Password? Do you and your wife each have separate databases? Is your goal to share all of the information, or simply to share the important bits (like shared bank information)? Once we know a little bit more about your current set up, we’ll be better able to advise you on how to move forward.

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thank you. We would like to synchronize our vaults. In order to upgrade from 3 to 6, does we have to pay something or is my current license enough to do that ?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koapus,

Since you posted in the 1Password Families category, is it safe to assume you have a subscription to 1Password Families? All active 1Password Families subscriptions include all the latest versions of 1Password on all platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android). :)

When I looked in our system just now, I don't see a 1Password Families subscription or any separate licenses for the apps for your email address. I only have the email address you used to sign up for this forum, though, so it's possible you have licenses for the apps or a 1Password Families subscription under a different address. It's also possible that you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, so we wouldn't have a record of that ourselves. Only Apple has access to your purchase history on the App Store (that's true for both Mac and iOS).

What I would recommend is to first create a 1Password Families account as that's the best way to share everything. Don't worry about your wife's setup until we have things working for you. Then we can help you with upgrading her old versions of 1Password to the current versions, so you can share everything. :)

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Khad, in fact I posted in the 1P Families category because I thought that was what I need to get. I currently don't have any 1P Families subscription, only 1P for Mac (throughout the App Store) and 1P for our iPhones. It would be less expensive for me to achieve what I want to do with these licenses, no ? Otherwise do I have to buy a new 1P familie license ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koapus: Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for clarifying. Indeed, a 1Password Families subscription allows 5 members of your family to use 1Password on all of your devices — Mac, PC, iOS, and Android, as well as through the browser.

Now, it isn't clear from your description, but I do want to address one point: in order to use 1Password Families directly, you'll need to be relatively up to date on your operating systems. However, if you have older Macs or PCs which cannot use the latest, 1Password Families-supported OSes and versions of 1Password, you can use the standalone apps. In that case, 1Password Families would function more as a bundle license for them.

But that may not even be relevant. Let me know the OS and device versions you and your family will be using, and we'll see what will work best for you. :)

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

2 iPhones 5, iOs 9.3.2
    1 MacBook pro mid-2014, 10.10.5
    1 MacBook pro mid-2010, 10.10.5

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koapus: Great! Thank you! You're able to use 1Password version 6 on all of those devices, so each of them will be able to use a 1Password Families account.

From your original post, I had been worried that some devices may have been stuck with an older version, but it sounds like you're in good shape there. 1Password Families will make it easier to setup each of them and share vaults with your wife...without having to pay for multiple licenses for the two of you. :)

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thank you Brenty. If I understand, I'll to buy another license in addition to the one I Have on my iPhone and the other one on the Mac ? What will happen with these two subscriptions ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koapus: Oh dear. I'm sorry for not being clearer! With 1Password Families, you only need a single subscription for up to 5 members of your family. Definitely don't get more than one...unless you have another family out there somewhere. ;)

How it works is you sign up for 1Password Families at the website. Then you can invite your wife and others to join your 1Password Family. They'll use your email invitation to create their own 1Password Accounts as part of your Family. You'll each have your own Personal vault that only you can access, and by default there is a Shared vault available to all members of your Family. You can also create additional vaults to share as well, or to keep to yourself.

I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask any other questions that might arise! :)

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, in other words my question is:

I already paid for 2 1P licenses. Do I have to pay more to get the Family one ? And if yes, what will happen with the licenses I currently paid for ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

@koapus: Thank you for clarifying! A 1Password Families subscription is a separate purchase. And while your existing license cannot transfer to 1Password Families, you'll get a month for free to try it. I don't see anything in our system, but if you'll email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com with your receipt, we'll see if there's anything we can do to help. :)

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I just sent the email. But I have some problems to get my receipt back, not an easy task to browse through the app store... !

• Ben
    Options

Unfortunately Apple doesn't share details of purchases made through their App Store with us, so we cannot look up purchases from them for you. :(

Also: I do not see any emails from the email address you have registered here on the forums in our inbox. Did you send it from a different address? If so please post your support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I sent it through a different one. Number is: #YTB-33788-347

Thanks !

• Jacob
    Options

@koapus Thanks for sending that over. We'll get back to you as soon as possible. :)

ref: YTB-33788-347

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Penderworth, I got no news at the time. Something went wrong ? Thanks. Philippe

• Jacob
    Options

@koapus It looks like Rob responded to you a few hours after you sent your message in to us. Is there something we missed?

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, yes, I sent my license infos @ support+licenses@agilebits.com and I was told that I had to wait a little bit to see what could be done. Until then no answer.

• Jacob
    edited June 2016
    Options

@koapus Ah, I see what happened. You emailed back a few minutes after you sent the first message and said that you located your Mac license, so Rob didn't think there was anything to look for. I see that you asked above about something else, though. I'll reply via email now and we can keep the conversation going there. :) Sorry for the confusion.

ref: YTB-33788-347

This discussion has been closed.