cannot sync /move from Ver 3.7.2 to 6.3.1 - Is there a possibility to use the backup file from v3?

Options
erichp
erichp
Community Member

no message appears on ver.3 when I want to move datas to new ver.
how can I use the backup file from version 3 in ver. 6.3.1 ? Is there a conversion possibility?
Or how can I get datas to new version?

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:faq

Comments

• JWeaver
    JWeaver
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @erichp

To upgrade from 1Password for iOS 3.7.2 you'll want to follow the instructions provided in this support guide article - Upgrade from 1Password 3.7.2

Cheers on the upgrade, you're gonna love version 6 :)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @erichp,

I hope the link JWeaver provided is helpful. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for the assist JWeaver!

Ben

• pkcowboy
    pkcowboy
    Community Member
    Options

I have spent several hours looking at all the possible ways to move my 400 entries of 1password data from v3 to v6. For reasons beyond my understanding, the links to help such as the one above fail to load (symptoms of reorganized support site) and the menus that are supposed to "start over" aren't there in the V6 that I have. I've tried Export/import and keychain loading, but the files are grayed out when I try to import them into v6. Is there a definitive location where information on moving this data is available, or a simple way to move the data?

• pkcowboy
    pkcowboy
    Community Member
    Options

My apology for the above comment being in the wrong discussion. Search is not that selective on keeping the topic on Macintosh. I'll try again.

• Morgan16
    Morgan16
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue of migrating 1Password data to latest version from v3.72. I clicked on the link provided by JWeaver above, but continually receive a "Safari can't open this page." What page may I find the instructions to migrate my data?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Morgan16 on what device are you using Safari when you see that error message? I was able to load the page linked above -- which explains how to upgrade from 1Password 3 for iOS -- in both Chrome and Safari on my MacBook.

@pkcowboy we'll be following up in the thread you made in the Mac forum :)

This discussion has been closed.