1Password doesn't detect password change and targets hidden elements

Options

I am developing a website with logins. However, I have registration and login on the same site. In some circumstances 1Password targets the wrong field (not a problem usually), except that field is hidden (opacity: 0 and outside screen).

And whenever I change password 1Password doesn't matter. I have to log out and log in with Last Generated Password (which also does some weird field thing so the normaly unscrollable window is now scrolled). One time I forgot to log back in and lost my new password. However, I am the owner (and it's not released to public, so it didn't matter if I commented out some PHP checking code) and "quickly" went into my files and fixed it.

Any idea why this is happening?

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, it would be cool if 1Password would fill in 1Password Version and stuff down that box automatically, haha

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604 (15)
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90 (Google Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 10 ("OS version 6.2.9200")
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password doesn't detect password change and targets hidden elements

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LEGOlord208,

Regarding the first part of your query, I would be curious to know if our latest extension beta has any impact on what field we focus. We have been working on the field we leave focus on after filling a bit recently and 4.5.6.BETA-2 saw quite a change as one of our developers questioned all the existing code and worked on what he thinks is a lot saner choices. We're confident it has helped with a few sites that were reported recently.

I'm not a web developer so I am curious, my understanding is there is a hidden attribute. Is there a reason why going the route of setting opacity to zero and assigning co-ordinates outside of the visible screen is preferable? I am genuinely interested as I want to learn more about HTML and why some designs exist in contrast to others.

What does your password change form look like? The most reliable way we're aware of right now to recognise a password change form is a page with three password fields where two of the fields hold the same value. Not all sites do this though, Google was brought to our attention recently so we're certainly not saying there aren't improvements to be made here.

I'll be interested to hear about your thoughts on the extension beta and to learn a bit more about your site :smile:

• LEGOlord208
    LEGOlord208
    Community Member
    Options

How do I join the beta? I know beta can be unstable, but can it do something bad to my vault? If so, can I opt out after testing?

I have it outside screen because it ends up there after an animation.

The change thing litterally has 3 fields. Is it because their embedded in both labels and paragraphs?
    And the submit button also have an animation before actually submitting, if that matters.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LEGOlord208: Great question! In fact, a beta of the 1Password extension is probably the safest beta you'll ever use. The extension doesn't have access to your vault directly, and if we break something there the worst that happens is 1Password has trouble filling logins in your browser. ;)

Also, trying the beta is easy: you just uninstall the current extension:

1Password extensions: uninstall

Then install it from the same place you'd go to install the browser extension, only with betas enabled:

1Password extensions: beta

Finally, if you decide you want to go back to using the stable version, just uninstall the beta and reinstall the non-beta:

1Password extensions: stable

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• LEGOlord208
    LEGOlord208
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thanks a lot! Nothing changed at all actually. However, I might have a clue why.
    I am using Google Chrome, and look what the Windows app says!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LEGOlord208: I'm not sure I understand. Mine is the same. Maybe I'm missing something. Can you elaborate?

• LEGOlord208
    LEGOlord208
    Community Member
    Options

Ehm. I basically followed your steps, took tge BETA, and nothing changed. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LEGOlord208 It sounds like perhaps you had the beta already installed. Can you share a link to the site in progress so we can take a look? You can email a link to support+forums@agilebits.com. Be sure to include a link to this thread in the email and then post the ticket identifier that you receive back from our BitBot autoresponder here so we can wire everything up.

• LEGOlord208
    LEGOlord208
    Community Member
    Options

Dunn!
    YUSSSS

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thanks! We got the email and I'm having a go at it now. :)

ref: LGD-38547-383

This discussion has been closed.