Switch from single license to family - items not visible online

Options
drphair
drphair
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Families

Hello,

I'm checking out the new family subscription and copied my existing items to my Personal vault in my family account. I can see the items in the local app on my Mac but they do not appear in the web-based app.

What am I missing?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drphair can you give me a little more information about your setup? What browser are you using, and on what operating system? Does the issue persist if you quit the browser and then sign back in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com?

• drphair
    drphair
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott using Chrome on Mac OS X 10.11.4. Closing and restarting browser and 1Password app does not help. Locally I installed the 1Password app and copied my items from my "Primary" vault to my new "Personal" vault. I can see the items in my Personal vault locally, however it doesn't appear to have synced with 1Password.com. When I login online I do not see any of the items I have locally.

• drphair
    drphair
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott it may have resolved itself after I rebooted. I was then prompted to update the 1Password app on my Mac. After that I logged in to my 1Password.com account and saw my items there. (though it shows a count in another vault I created and copied some stuff to, then deleted ... not sure why the count shows anything higher than zero - and yes, the trash is empty)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drphair I'm glad everything is showing up now!

Did you perhaps have attachments on some of your items? 1Password Families doesn't use attachments, it uses Documents, and any existing attachments are converted into documents then linked to the appropriate items. That's the most common cause for off counting. :)

• drphair
    drphair
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott no attachments. If I look at the vault on the web app is shows a zero count for everything. When I go to the dashboard it shows 192 items. Might be a bug? Otherwise, things appear to be working now. Thanks!

• drphair
    drphair
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott regarding the item count on the dashboard for an empty vault. It appears even though I deleted the items from the vault and emptied the vault's trash they are still archived under that vault. I can't find anything on the support site searching for "archived items". How long are they archived for?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drphair that's a good question. I've pinged someone else on the team who knows a little bit more about this kind of thing than I do, and hope to have an answer for you soon.

• Jacob
    Options

@drphair Great question. In 1Password Families, the archived items are kept for 1 year; in 1Password Teams Pro, they're kept forever and in Standard they're kept for 30 days. Hope that helps!

• drphair
    drphair
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth thanks! I also discovered I can just delete the empty vault and create it again. With there was a way to tell it how long to archive items. I understand the reason behind not deleting them right away but a person can get confused by the count on the dashboard... :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the confusion, @drphair. We are working to make that more obvious, and perhaps we can incorporate your suggestion as well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

• drphair
    drphair
    Community Member
    Options

@khad thanks. I think for starters perhaps make the item count for each vault on the dashboard more clear. Maybe even break it out so the user sees where the count comes from.

For example:
    Active = 125
    Trash = 23
    Archived = 52

(or only show the count of active items)

Just a thought.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Makes sense to me. I'll mention it to the devs. Thanks again! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.