what is the simplest way to convert from a free app install with existing vault to a family plan?

Options
jregen
jregen
Community Member

I installed the free trial to my mac and imported from CSV to create my vault.
How to convert over to family plan?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3 (630032) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90 (chrome)
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: local
Referrer: forum-search:what is the simplest way to convert from a free app install with existing vault to a family plan?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jregen,

Thanks for trying 1Password Families. :)

It sounds like you just need to move your items into your family account as shown in this article (and video):

How to migrate to a family or team

If you get stuck on any part, let me know which step. I'm happy to provide more specific assistance.

Cheers!

• jregen
    jregen
    Community Member
    Options

yes, i finally found that video (before you answered :-) ... quite helpful. So, a subtle point was that of moving, rather than copying, the items from the desktop vault to the family account. I guess that, since I'm now officially sourcing my vault info online, it doesn't make sense to have to sync that with the vault on my mac. (?)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jregen

yes, i finally found that video (before you answered :-) ... quite helpful.

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know. I worked hard on that article. :)

So, a subtle point was that of moving, rather than copying, the items from the desktop vault to the family account. I guess that, since I'm now officially sourcing my vault info online, it doesn't make sense to have to sync that with the vault on my mac. (?)

Yeah, I don't bother copying items since then I end up with duplicate items when viewing "All Vaults". If an item exists in two vaults, it will show up twice. I prefer to only have one copy of each item.

This discussion has been closed.