Can't open 1Password via Dropbox in web browser

DavidLevine
DavidLevine
Community Member
edited April 2016 in iOS

As of today, I am no longer able to open my 1Password vault that's saved in Dropbox using a web browser. I've tried opening it using the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox on a Windows PC and the latest version of Safari on a Mac. When I click on the 1Password vault file, Dropbox displays the dialog to download or share it like it would with other files instead of opening the vault and prompting for my master password. Below is a screen shot of what it looks like when I click on the file.

If I'm not mistaken, I successfully opened the vault via Dropbox in a browser on Tuesday, 4/26.

1Password Version: 6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @DavidLevine

It sounds like you were impacted by this:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/63045/moving-beyond-1passwordanywhere/p1

Let me know if you have any questions after reading that, I think it explains what is happening. The short of it is that 1PasswordAnywhere can no longer be used from Dropbox.

• DavidLevine
    DavidLevine
    Community Member

Thanks. That does answer my question. I appreciate your help.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@DavidLevine

Great to hear that helped. Sorry for the trouble though. If there's anything we can do to assist please let us know.

• JonGibbins
    JonGibbins
    Community Member

This is a real shame, although at the same time I do appreciate it's not your fault.

I've been using 1PasswordAnywhere on my Chromebook for a few months now but am now unable to use 1Password at all on it as DropBox has no native client, only via the web browser. Do you know if there is any chance of a 1Password client appearing on the Chromebook or via a Chrome browser plugin?

Other than this one problem, 1Password is easily the best piece of software I've invested in for a long time.

Many thanks
    Jon

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

Hi Jon ( @JonGibbins ),

Thanks so much for your kind words about 1Password! I’m sorry that the loss of 1PasswordAnywhere was frustrating for you. Unfortunately, I can’t say much about our future plans. It’s not that we don’t have plans, it’s just that we prefer to under promise and over-deliver, and we’d hate to promise something that eventually became impossible due to factors beyond our control. So, I can’t speak much to ‘chances’, but I’d be happy to tell our team that you’re interested in seeing 1Password come to Chromebook. :)

• DavidLevine
    DavidLevine
    Community Member

@JonGibbins You can follow the discussion of people unhappy about 1PasswordAnywhere no longer working by going to the following link:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/65326/moving-beyond-1passwordanywhere-discussion/p1

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@DavidLevine thank you for helping to make sure the discussion stays in one place. :chuffed:

• gamma6
    gamma6
    Community Member

@JonGibbins Google announced Android apps for Chromebook at I/O in May: https://chrome.googleblog.com/2016/05/the-google-play-store-coming-to.html

So maybe you'll be able to use 1Password for Android once your Chromebook is supported.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gamma6,

Our Android team was rather intrigued by that announcement! Of course, we can’t promise anything, but it certainly does open up some interesting possibilities.

• JonGibbins
    JonGibbins
    Community Member

Of course! The Android app!
    This may well solve my problem. Let's see how it all goes. Thanks all for such a great and friendly response.

Jon

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JonGibbins,

You're welcome, we're always glad to help! We'll be waiting to see how this develops too :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.