Syncing "1Password Logins" bookmarklet

Maggie
Maggie
Community Member
I have MANY bookmarks and can't figure out where among my many bookmarks my 1Password bookmarklet got synced to. Is there a way to set this so that (for example) I could have it come out in the "root" at the top of the list, or instead in a folder called (for example) "C header translation"

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Maggie!

The "1Password Logins" bookmarklet will appear by default at the top of your bookmarks list in Mobile Safari (when synced to your iOS device) and can be seen in Safari on your Mac in the sidebar when viewing all your bookmarks (Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks).

Pvdm.Screen%20shot%202011-03-04%20at%202.49.54%20PM.png

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • Maggie
    Maggie
    Community Member
    edited July 2011
    Unfortunately, it's not working out that way. While I see the "1 Password Logins" bookmark in Safari on my Mac and I see an item of the same name under Sync (after Dropbox and iPod Touch) in 1Password desktop, no such luck on my iPhone.
    However this clues me into what the problem must be. While I have both an iPodTouch and iPhone, both with 1Password Pro installed the 1Password application on my Mac doesn't seem to realize that what's connected is an iPhone, not an iPod touch. I quit and restarted the Mac application. What should I try next? I hope you're not going to tell me that this can't work simultaneously on both my iPod Touch and iPhone... (though to be honest, I've not used the iPodTouch much since I got the iPhone a month ago)

Howe
  • Maggie
    Maggie
    Community Member
    edited July 2011
    Should I have attached relevant screen shots to the post I just made?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Maggie,

Please ensure that bookmark syncing is enabled in iTunes and plug your device in to sync your bookmarks via USB. They do not sync via Dropbox.

1. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone/iPod Touch
    2. Select the iPhone/iPod Touch in iTunes
    3. Select the info Tab
    4. Scroll Down to Web Browser and check the box next to Sync Safari Bookmarks
    5. Click Sync and check your iPhone/iPod Touch for the updated Bookmark list

You can also enable over-the-air syncing for your bookmarks if you are a MobileMe subscriber. (You will also need to ensure your Mac is set up to sync its bookmarks via MobileMe as well.)

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • mrs.meerkat
    mrs.meerkat
    Community Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi there, I too can't find my bookmarklet in Safari on my iPhone 4 (1Password Pro). I have followed the instructions you gave to this questioner, but still no luck. Can you suggest anything else? Thank you!

khad wrote:

Please ensure that bookmark syncing is enabled in iTunes and plug your device in to sync your bookmarks via USB. They do not sync via Dropbox.

1. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone/iPod Touch
    2. Select the iPhone/iPod Touch in iTunes
    3. Select the info Tab
    4. Scroll Down to Web Browser and check the box next to Sync Safari Bookmarks
    5. Click Sync and check your iPhone/iPod Touch for the updated Bookmark list

You can also enable over-the-air syncing for your bookmarks if you are a MobileMe subscriber. (You will also need to ensure your Mac is set up to sync its bookmarks via MobileMe as well.)

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Welcome to the forums, mrs.meerkat! I'm sorry that you are having this trouble also.

Let's start by making sure that the bookmark is in Safari on your Mac. Can you verify that it is present in the sidebar when you click the Bookmarks menu and then "Show All Bookmarks" in Safari on your Mac?

Pvdm.Screen%20shot%202011-03-04%20at%202.49.54%20PM.png

If you haven't yet, you will need to first create the bookmarklet in 1Password for Mac.

20110704-npemny46g121pbx25meq7t77sc.jpg

I should also point out that if you have 1Password Pro installed on your iPhone, there is no need for the bookmarklet. 1Password Pro actually has a built-in browser for using your logins just in case you didn't know. :-)

if you would still like to install the bookmarklet in Safari, I will be happy to help get it working for you.

Please let me know. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.