Confused by effect on app / programs i had purchased by creating 1 password account

Options
rotaxus
rotaxus
Community Member

hi,

I purchased 1password on OSX and have pro on my iPhone. I wanted to create and sync multiple vaults which I understand requires creating a 1password account. I have done this, but I am concerned this now means I will be billed monthly because it seems to have changed my account to some sort of family set up. I am also completely lost as to how to sync the vaults I now have without iCloud given that this does not support multiple vaults.

I don't want to pay monthly as I don't think the cost is reasonable when I've already paid for the app and the program. How do i get rid of the "family" plan and just use the old normal apps. I am really confused and frustrated by your support system and the fact you don't offer live support or telephone help.

Please can you assist?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:delete primary

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rotaxus,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble setting up 1Password and that there's some confusion with the different ways in which it works. We don't have a phone number, but we're glad to help you over here! You don't need a Families or Teams account to share multiple vaults (though it does make it a bit easier!). If you don't have any data on the account then you don't really need to do anything, just don't add a credit card there and you won't be billed.

In order to set up Dropbox syncing, you have to follow this instructions on your Mac for each of your vaults: https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-dropbox.html.

Once you've set up syncing on your computer you can set it up on your iPhone by following this guide: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/sync-with-dropbox.html

I hope this helps things go smoother for you. If you bump into any issue while setting sync up please don't hesitate to ask!
    Please let us know how this goes for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.