1Password does not pre-fill username / password details for DBS iBanking website - how to ?

Options

Dear Team,
I love 1Password and the peace of mind / easy to use it provides us.
However, we recently face the following issue with our local banking website : https://internet-banking.dbs.com.sg
1password used to pre-fill all username / password information but no more. I believe maybe the website tried to enhance security by untagging these fields - maybe:
How can I ensure that 1Password pre fills my banking details for this local singaporean bank ? Thanks again

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3 (630031) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.4 (15E65)
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:dbs

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @happyangmoh,

I'm happy to hear how much you like 1Password! I'm going to move your question to the "Saving and filling in browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it. I've done some testing on the page and it looks like they've gone far and beyond with the security features, what I notice is this:

1. When saving the login manually it saves the word "bot" in both fields instead of the actual login.
    2. If you edit it and type the right login information in 1Password directly, it then doesn't fill either field.
    3. The field "PIN" can't even be pasted on.

Can you please tell me if this is consistent with what you're experiencing or if there's something else going for you? :chuffed:

• happyangmoh
    happyangmoh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Pilar for moving my topic to the right place :)
    Yes, im experiencing the same issues as you mentioned.
    Argh, if only they understood they are making the life of their clients much more difficult ! >_<

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @happyangmoh. I've worked on the DBS site recently. We had a fix in place in 4.5.7.b1 but it looks like this regressed in 4.5.7.b2. I'll have a look at this as some of the changes we've made here are intended to help specifically on DBS, but those changes impacted other sites, and now the fix for those other sites has caused us to undo the good work we did for DBS. I'll take a look at this this week and hopefully we'll be able to sidestep these bot fields once and for all. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @happyangmoh. I just wanted to let you know I made some improvements to our Login saving logic today that should help with this site, hopefully for good! :) It should be in the next update to 1Password for Mac and iOS, but I did want you to know I took a look at it today.

• happyangmoh
    happyangmoh
    Community Member
    Options

Whao whao Whao ! Mr Jxpx777 you got my hat and thanks ! amazed at the quick feedback and update you provide Mister. Will be looking for the new update and will drop you a feedback ;) Thanks again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Jamie, you are most welcome! Now, I don't want to get your hopes up too high, since it will need to survive the scrutiny of testing, and of course in any case it won't be available right away. However, if you're at all interested, you can always participate in the beta by opting-in in 1Password Preferences. And we're committed to improving 1Password for you and the rest of our awesome customers either way. Cheers! :)

• happyangmoh
    happyangmoh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty ! When should I expect it in final build ? Cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@happyangmoh: It fills correctly with the latest 1Password for Mac (6.5.BETA-2) and extension (4.5.7.b3) betas, both of which you can use right now...but there's a catch: for some reason the website displays this every time it's opened if you go directly to the login page:

Please click here to login to DBS Internet Banking.

However, if you edit the login item to use this URL instead, it works as expected:

https://internet-banking.dbs.com.sg/

Weird, but definitely an improvement. As for a "final build", your guess is as good as mine. "When it's ready." Cheers! ;)

This discussion has been closed.