Can't get 1Password to fill a login formular on a website

Options

I can not get 1Password to fill out the forumular on namecheap.com's sign-in dropdown.

I have to copy paste the username and password manually in order to login.

Any ideas how to make the fill method on 1password support this?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marktopper,

I believe if you were to try filling in either Firefox or Safari you would find we work on this site but you're using either Chrome or a Chromium based browser and it seems to have a limitation that the other browsers don't. If a web page has a lot of elements on the page it can result in a large amount of data needing to be sent to 1Password to figure out what to fill. That site has over 400 elements of which 431 are checkboxes. I have no idea why they have a page with 431 checkboxes but they do.

The problem is Chrome chokes on large messages and over a certain size it refuses to send them and instead closes the WebSocket that the 1Password Chrome Extension was using to talk to 1Password mini. We don't have a workaround I'm afraid as the extension needs to use a WebSocket right now.

In this particular instance though we can step around the problem. That site has a dedicated login page that they don't seem to advertise very well but it's available at https://www.namecheap.com/myaccount/login.aspx. That page has 18 elements that we record data on so the message is several times smaller and it shouldn't choke in Chrome.

Does that help at all?

This discussion has been closed.