Feature Request: Toggle Browser Access

Options
cw_dar_3
cw_dar_3
Community Member

With an app so excellent in security, I have a feature request. I would love to see the 1Browser be something to which you could turn off access, and maybe even lock (I know, it's a password keeping app, but hear me out).
The reason I ask is not a trivial one - there are many who are struggling with moral integrity while on the Internet. Some restrict use of browsers on their devices so as to be held accountable. With iOS, any web monitoring program would not work across the system, so many of my friends have deleted all their apps with browsers baked in and only use an accountability browser. They love the 1Password experience - we all do - but they wish the 1Browser functionality could be something that is able to be turned off.
Please take this into consideration. I know it would be a hassle, but would only be a few more lines of code. Thank you.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cw_dar_3,

Thanks for the feedback! I can't make any promises in this regard, other than to say it is something we'll take into consideration.

Ben

• mblatchford
    mblatchford
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I echo this request. I use OpenDNS for the router in my household, cell provider filtering for on the go, built in Apple Safari restrictions for websites and even Safari Content Blockers. 1Password is indispensable in my household its devices but having 1Browser without a restriction and not capable of utilizing content blockers is a huge hole in the accountability on an iOS device. As I only use the 1Password extension in Safari, 1Browser is just a liability to me and my family. Please allow in a future release the option to lock out 1Browser. The choice gives everyone the best of both worlds. I know this has been under consideration since at least last year based on other forums I found, but if there is anything I can do to help prioritize this just let me know. If there is a better solution I'm not aware please don't hesitate to point it out. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the vote, @mblatchford.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.