Apparent bug with filling in chrome on iOS

Options
timdiggins
timdiggins
Community Member

On an iPad Pro on ios9.3.1
Chrome: 50.0.2661.77 (Official Build) stable (64-bit)
Revision 802f0fd289adb402caf95e8bab8bdefcbe0097fa-refs/branch-heads/2661@{#577}

When I fill from 1password (using the iOS extension from chrome), it works fine the first time, but the second time (on same tab/URL or another one) the 1password overlay appears, unlocks, but then doesn't show anything. (i have my 1password set to auto lock after a short time but not immediately). See

Then chrome needs to be crashed and restarted as entire up is "under" the Grey overlay.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @timdiggins,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I am really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

This is a known bug (OPI-3425) and we are currently trying to figure out the best way to fix it. It is affecting the extension when the Master Password is the unlock method and when Settings > Security >"Lock On Exit" is disabled. In the meantime, we could work around it by changing one of them, meaning either use a quick unlock method (PIN code or Touch ID) or enable "Lock On Exit".

Please let me know if this works.

Cheers!

ref: OPI-3425

• timdiggins
    timdiggins
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Rad

sorry for the long delay. Neither of the workarounds feel good to me: I don't want to allow touch ID as it will store my 1Password in my apple keychain (I want an extra layer of security) and Lock on exit is very cumbersome.

Is there a public tracker for this bug, or can you let me know when it is fixed?

thanks

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timdiggins,

I'm sorry that this options aren't helpful. We're still working on fixing this issue. We don't have a public bug tracker but be sure to keep your system updated to the latest version available, this way you'll have the bug fixed as soon as the solution is out there!

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

• thedadams
    thedadams
    Community Member
    Options

I would just like to add that I am also seeing this issue in Safari on iOS. Also, if I unlock 1Password via the share extension in Safari and go back to the 1Password app, everything is gone. I have to go to Settings>Security and touch "Lock Now" and then re-enter my master password. After this, everything goes back to normal temporarily.

• Ben
    Options

Sorry to hear about the trouble @thedadams. Hopefully we can get this bug tracked down soon.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.