User account 1Password family just using local (iCloud/Dropbox synced

Options
telephoneman
telephoneman
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Families

is it possible that a Teams/Family user of 1Password can use the account only to use the "old" local Vaults, which are synced through iCloud or Dropbox? What would happen to this vault if I delete the 1Password user in the Family AdminGUI and the App doesn't have an own Appstore license? Or can users without a "purchase" license use only the 1Password-Cloud vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @telephoneman,

Thank you for asking this very interesting questions about 1Password Families!

is it possible that a Teams/Family user of 1Password can use the account only to use the "old" local Vaults, which are synced through iCloud or Dropbox?

Technically yes, you could enable local vaults, share them via Dropbox or iCloud and keep the Personal and Shared vaults empty. However I'm quiet curious as to why you'd want to do something like this. It would be missing one of the most important features of 1Password Families. Is there any specific scenario that you have in mind for this? I'd love to hear it!

What would happen to this vault if I delete the 1Password user in the Family AdminGUI and the App doesn't have an own Appstore license?

If the person were to stop being part of the Family and had vaults set up like this their information would freeze the same way as the data stored on the Personal or Shared vaults and go to read-only mode. They'd be able to see what they've already stored but they wouldn't be able to edit or add anything.

Or can users without a "purchase" license use only the 1Password-Cloud vaults?

You can have local vaults coexisting with with your account, saved directly on your device and separate for your account. This can come in handy, for example if you are part of a Team and want to use 1Password for some personal stuff you don't need to mix your personal information with the one for the company.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that you'd like to know about 1Password :chuffed:

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you - So when i Delete the account in family the personal cloud vault will remain in read only and not deleted? Or only the local data remain on device in read only

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @telephoneman,

You're very welcome! To make things a bit more clear, if you fully delete your Family account then you'd also delete the data stored on our servers. If, on the other hand, you just let your subscription lapse but not delete it you'd be able to still access it on a Read Only mode. If you delete your account but had local vaults then those local vaults will remain on your computer on Read Only mode and just by applying a standalone license you'd get full functionality back for them.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask, we're always here to help! :chuffed:

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

And what if I just delete a single member of the family?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @telephoneman ,

If you delete the family member from your family account, they will no longer have access to any data stored in your 1Password Families account.

If this family member does not purchase their own license for the 1Password apps that they use, then the desktop apps will revert to trial mode (and they will lose access to the Pro features on the mobile apps). In trial mode, they will be able to view any existing data but will not be able to add or edit.

This discussion has been closed.