Identity isn't fill email address

I'm running 1password on mac version 6.3.1 and I've created an identity and added my email address to the identity using new label and tagging it as am email address, but regardless of browser (Both Firefox and Chrome) it doesn't seem to fill the form.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @todd_f,

I'm sorry you're having trouble filling your email address into web forms! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from your description, it sounds as if you added a custom field to that Identity item, and entered your email address in that custom field. Is that correct? If so, that explains the problem, because 1Password doesn't support filling data from custom fields. In order to fill your email address in a web form, you'll need to use the default 'email' field in the Identity item (under the 'Internet Details' section).

Hopefully that explains what's going on, but if I misunderstood how you added the email address or if you have other questions, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• todd_f
    todd_f
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick response. You are correct that I added a custom field. For some reason although I can see the email field under Internet Details, it is not active when I try and click on it. All the other fields have a red circle with a white line through them and become active when I click on them, but he email does not.

• todd_f
    todd_f
    Community Member

Never mind. I finally got it to work. Not sure what I was doing wrong. But it's working now.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @todd_f,

Obviously we're happy to hear you've got things working and hopefully it all made sense or at least makes sense now. If you have questions please do ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.