Feature Suggestion: Field combinations

I have a VPN for work which requires a combination of a static passphrase and a OTP token (I believe this is quite a common setup).

It's slightly annoying to have to select the passphrase, paste it somewhere, then select the OTP value and paste it on the end (and sometimes the web forms or mobile apps, are dumb and make it arbitrarily hard to paste twice in the field).

It would be superduper awesome if I could create a field in the 1Password entry for the VPN, which does nothing more than combine the two other fields, so I could just hit copy for that item and paste it into my login dialog/page/prompt/whatever

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@cmsj: It's certainly something we can consider adding to 1Password in the future. But I have to be honest: this is only the second time I've seen a login process like this mentioned. That's not to say that it wouldn't help you and others in a similar situation, but we do need to focus on improving 1Password in ways that do the most good for the greatest number of people. That said, we'll see whats possible. Can you tell me what the VPN provider is? Do they have a publicly accessible login portal you can share so we can at least test it?

And for now I think I have a suggestion that might save you a little trouble: edit the login item and set "submit" to "never". That way you can still use ⌘ \ to fill your login credentials, and then you only need to copy and paste to append the one-time password to the end. I hope this helps! :0

• cmsj
    cmsj
    Community Member

@brenty It's corporate VPNs run by my employers. Specifically, my current and previous employers use OpenVPN in a mode where I have to supply the static phrase followed by the OTP token value, so I'm pasting this stuff into a Viscosity (openvpn client for OS X) authentication dialog, not a web page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cmsj: Dang. 1Password can't help with filling into other apps in most cases unless they're browsers. Thanks for explaining the context and use for me! Hopefully we'll be able to do more to help there in the future.

This discussion has been closed.