A few websites chronically fail to register the usernames 1P feeds it. Today's problem is Citi.com.

Options

Today I created my new Costco/Citi Visa web account. I made a new "user ID" and password, and 1P appeared to save it correctly. When I logout and back in, 1P obviously sends the username and password to citi, but citi receives a password but does not recognize my user ID, leaves the space blank, and complains. I can type in my userid and password directly, and citi accepts that and logs me in. I can copy my username and/or password from 1P and paste it into the user ID space on the website, and that works. It is as if Citi has one name for the user ID space, and 1P calls it username, and they don't mesh. It didn't help that Citi created my user ID and password using one website address, and their login page is different, but I copied the new web address into 1P with the same result. I also tried various permutations, and even forced 1P to create a new record per your instructions, but no luck. This behavior happens across many versions of 1P, and several different websites over time, consistently. I depend on 1P for my many website accesses, and am annoyed by the few that don't work well. I am beginning to feel stupid.
Web address: (https://online.citi.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do?JFP_TOKEN=00G5I1JB "")
Looks like:

Comments

• margeau
    margeau
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rendahl,

I too have this problem with my Citi credit card account, but have never experienced it at any other site using 1Password. I assumed the problem was with Citi's site and not 1Password because it is also impossible to copy and paste the username/password from Text Edit or other document source. There may be a confluence of issues at hand.

I know that doesn't solve your problem, but I wanted to contribute my experience in case that helps solve the problem or place it squarely at Citi's door.

Margeau

• rendahl
    rendahl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Margeau,
    After posting my comments I went back and created a new userid/password account for my secondary Citi Visa. 1P asked if I wanted to save my new info so I let it do so with a separate name. That one too failed to login, but I noticed additional behavior: my userid was shown as a series of asterisks, and my password was stored as an answer to a security question. Obviously those would not have worked. So i corrected the username and password, and web address in 1P, and tried again. This also failed in the manner I described in my first problem report. Also, when I copied my username and password from 1P and pasted them into the web page, those succeeded, as before. I agree that you and I are suffering aspects of the same problem, and I feel 1P and Citi are both simply not communicating normally.
    Bill

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bill (@rendahl),

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are having with 1Password. I moved your question to our saving and filling in browsers category so the right people will be able to see it! Sometimes bank pages do weird things to logins and passwords in an attempt to increase security. Why a bank would let you remember your User-ID openly but make it harder to use a password manager is beyond me. I can see how Citi's page hides part of the username as asterisks, but 1Password seems to be able to read it correctly to save it. We'll take a look at it and see what we can do about it!

Could you please tell us which other pages you've had issues with? We appreciate the concrete examples, they help us make 1Password better in general! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rendahl, @margeau: I wanted to follow up here. As a fellow Citi customer, I feel your pain! Great service, frustrating website... :lol:

Indeed, the Citi login page you referenced is problematic, and we haven't yet found a way to work around this particular problem.

Fortunately Citi's twisted web of webforms gives us some other options. Just follow these steps to manually save a new login:

1. Navigate to https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do (this login portal works much better)
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• rendahl
    rendahl
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thank you, Brenty! I tried your directions to the letter, and it worked! Yea!! I also logged in several times after creating the 1P record, and those worked! I made minor edits to the record (name and comment) and those worked, too. I went to my second Citi account (2 credit cards) and tried again. Again, all successes. Maybe it helps that you are a Citi customer, also?

• rendahl
    rendahl
    Community Member
    Options

Brent, the note I just posted to you, "Thank you, Brent!" was much longer when I saved a draft of it and viewed it in Preview before posting. I don't know what happened, and I don't have a backup copy, so the rest may be lost. But the single paragraph that posted is the most important part; just ignore the screen shots. Have a good day!
    Bill

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, Brenty! I tried your directions to the letter, and it worked! Yea!! I also logged in several times after creating the 1P record, and those worked! I made minor edits to the record (name and comment) and those worked, too. I went to my second Citi account (2 credit cards) and tried again. Again, all successes. Maybe it helps that you are a Citi customer, also?

@rendahl: You're totally welcome! When it comes to testing login issues, it definitely helps to have a working account. Sometimes we're limited in what we can see without one. I'm glad that I was able to help! :chuffed:

Brent, the note I just posted to you, "Thank you, Brent!" was much longer when I saved a draft of it and viewed it in Preview before posting. I don't know what happened, and I don't have a backup copy, so the rest may be lost. But the single paragraph that posted is the most important part; just ignore the screen shots. Have a good day!

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I'm sorry that your draft was lost. That happens to me too since they aren't saved continuously — and sometimes I just plain get disconnected. I was also wondering about the screenshots. I hope you don't mind but I've just removed them from your post since they aren't relevant to it in its current form, and one of them looked like it had a username in it. But if you're having any other login issues (or just have questions), don't hesitate to start a new discussion. We're here for you! :)

• margeau
    margeau
    Community Member
    Options

I want to thank you too, brenty. After receiving a notification in my email today that Citi had a statement ready for me I followed the steps you outlined and it worked like a charm. Thanks for removing one small irritant from my monthly accounting processes. You went a step beyond to solve a problem not of 1PW's making for a couple of individuals asking about it. Nice!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@margeau: Wow! Likewise, thank you so much for taking the time to mention it! I know I've had my own struggles there, so it's always a great feeling to know that I was able to help someone else. I can't take away my own pain and suffering, but if I can help alleviate someone else's, I call that a win! :love:

This discussion has been closed.