French social security login issue

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting web form details to submit all fields in three-field logins.

Comments

• valentincoindreau
    valentincoindreau
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm a brand new 1pw customer, thrilled about the experience so far, and quite amazed by the dedication you show about helping people. But right now I'm going through my first hiccups and after what I think was a thorough research, this is the discussion closest to my problem.
    My social security website (French one) uses a three login fields :

• zip code (5 digits)
    • membership number (7 digits)
    • day and month of birth (DDMM format).
      I saved all these infos after filling the forms using the web extension, but then once I tried to go back still using the web extension, it only fills the zip code field using the membership number ! The other fields are left blank. I tried to change the fields names in the desktop app so that they match exactly those on the website but this didn't work either.
      I'm on 10.11.5 OS X, 9.1.1 Safari and 6.3.1 1pw.
      Probably the fact that this is a website using French language doesn't help, as well as it is probably poorly built (public services web designing if you know what I mean...), but maybe you can come up with a solution for me ?
      Hope you will, now I'm diving back into the magical world of passwords !
      Kind regards
      V.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@valentincoindreau: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on the specific login issue you're having.

First of all, thank you for the kind words! We strive to do our best for our awesome customers, and I'm glad to hear that it shows. And while I wish you didn't ever have an issue in the first place, I'm glad to have the opportunity to work with you on this to try to live up to your already high expectations! ;)

Now, regarding the login issue you're having, unfortunately without knowing the URL it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! In general, the more information you can give, the better, so I really appreciate you including that version information. Once we can take a look at the page it should become clearer what's happening.

I saved all these infos after filling the forms using the web extension, but then once I tried to go back still using the web extension, it only fills the zip code field using the membership number ! The other fields are left blank. **I tried to change the fields names in the desktop app so that they match exactly those on the website but this didn't work either. **

For future reference, this generally isn't worth the effort. 1Password has a lot of "hidden" information about the login form saved, and, while there are exceptions, manually editing the web form details usually doesn't help and sometimes can make things worse. Also, it can be pretty tedious. So I'm glad you reached out so we can investigate! Two heads are better than one. :chuffed:

I'm on 10.11.5 OS X, 9.1.1 Safari and 6.3.1 1pw. Probably the fact that this is a website using French language doesn't help, as well as it is probably poorly built (public services web designing if you know what I mean...), but maybe you can come up with a solution for me ? Hope you will, now I'm diving back into the magical world of passwords ! Kind regards V.

I had a good laugh at your "public services web designing" comment. It rang true, but I'll try not to pass judgment until I actually see it. :lol:

• valentincoindreau
    valentincoindreau
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Here is the URL that sends you to the login form : https://wwwd.caf.fr/wps/portal/caffr/login/!ut/p/a1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOID_A3dPbyDDdz9A1yNDTxdzQNDXJ19DS0CjYAKIoEKDHAARwNC-sP1o8BK8JjgpR-VnpOfBHZNpGNekrFFun5UUWpaalFqkV5pEVA4o6SkoNhK1UDVoLy8XC85MU0vrUjVAJvyjPziEv0IhCr9gtwIA92opMpyR0VFAE_8qVE!/dl5/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
    It seems huge to me. I was wondering if maybe the website "remembering" me was causing this.
    "Code postal" is the zip code.
    "Numéro d'allocataire" is the membership number that I got assigned.
    "Jour et mois de naissance" is the birthdate.

Good luck and have a nice day !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@valentincoindreau: Thanks! I was able to test this with both the beta and stable versions of 1Password, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you describe. I wonder if maybe you'd saved the login on another page, or they've made changes to it since then.

In either case, you should be able to get it working by saving a new login for the site like I did. This will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website: https://wwwd.caf.fr/wps/portal/caffr/login/
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• valentincoindreau
    valentincoindreau
    Community Member
    Options

Jeez you're good.
    I don't know why but when I updated my existing login using your URL and directions, it didn't work, but when I saved a new one it went seamlessly.
    Don't have any idea what I did wrong the first time, for all my other logins it went really well.
    Again, I already spent a lot of time on this forum, great work you put on, probably I will need y'all some other time and it will be with pleasure.
    See ya !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Jeez you're good.

Aww, shucks! :blush:

I don't know why but when I updated my existing login using your URL and directions, it didn't work, but when I saved a new one it went seamlessly.

Sorry, that's a bit confusing, isn't it? In fact, when updating an existing login, 1Password wants to avoid "messing with success". We don't want to nuke it if you've been happily using the login and just need to change your password. So "updating" does as little meddling as possible.

Don't have any idea what I did wrong the first time, for all my other logins it went really well. Again, I already spent a lot of time on this forum, great work you put on, probably I will need y'all some other time and it will be with pleasure. See ya !

Indeed, I don't think it was anything you did. Sometimes websites change their login forms and that breaks something, and also sometimes we change something in 1Password to help in another case and it has unforeseen consequences — or both. Saving a fresh new login ensures that what 1Password knows about how to fill the form is current. And we're here for you no matter what. It's always a pleasure to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.