Delete all items

Options
ryanj
ryanj
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

Hello,

I currently am using 1Password for Windows 4 as my primary password solution.

I also have a Families subscription. I'm testing 1Password 6 for Windows and put all my passwords into the personal family vault via sharing. I would now like to delete all the items in that personal family vault as I have several duplicates. Selecting all and deleting in the apps doesn't appear to work well at the moment in the apps, and it looks like I have to delete one-by-one via the web.

Is there an easier way to clear this vault.

(I do still have my local vault, not worried about losing everything)

Ryan

1Password Version: 4, Windows 10 Beta, Windows Desktop Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:win/move-to-trash, ug:win/remove-vault, kb:faq, kb:starting-over, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @ryanj! You should be able to delete multiple items in the Windows 10 app. Just select them by holding Shift or Control on your keyboard, then right-click one of them and click delete to move them to the Trash. Let us know if you're experiencing issues with that.

• guille_0331
    guille_0331
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @penderworth ,

for some x reasons I want to delete my families account, but I don't want to do it with my passwords inside it. I have already sent the passwords to the trash, but how do I empty that trash? Because the passwords are still there.

Greetings,

G.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@guille_0331: Just select the Trash in 1Password for Mac, right-click, and Empty Trash. Or, in the web interface, select the Trash, and click Empty Trash to the right. I hope this helps! :)

• guille_0331
    guille_0331
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty , neither in the web interface nor in the beta app on windows it allows me to right click anywhere. I can't find that "empty trash" button. I need help... By the way I think I should say my account is frozen and in Read-Only mode.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @guille_0331,

Thank you for pointing out that the account is frozen, that does change things: you can't edit anything, even empty the trashcan. However, when you delete your account all of your data will be deleted with it. Even more, keep in mind that your data is stored fully encrypted on our servers both by your Master Password and your Account Key, and neither of those were ever sent over the internet to AgileBits. Even if you decided not to delete the account and just let it be on a frozen state, there would be absolutely no way for us to decrypt and access your data.

If you go ahead and delete your account you can be reassured that everything will be as gone as if you were to empty the trashcan :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.