I just added a new family member, and that new member is "Active" but cannot see the Shared vault.

Options
rrlagman
rrlagman
Community Member

For a new Families user, confirmed and with "Active" status, the Shared vault doesn't appear on the IOS client. I have the Personal vault under the Families section, but no Shared vault.

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot see Shared vault

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @rrlagman! Sorry about that. I haven't heard of this particular issue before, so it sparked my interest. It looks like you don't have access to the Shared vault. Only the organizer of your account does. You can ask him to add you to it if you'd like, but unless you're on the vault you won't see it in any of the apps or on 1Password.com. Hope that helps clear things up! :)

• rrlagman
    rrlagman
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks for the response.

I am the account organizer, and I'm setting up a new family member. I cannot find any way to grant access to the shared vault to the new family member. This is very strange. This is our third family member, and the first two were setup without issue. Access to the shared vault seemed automatic. But when I added the third member, no shared vault.

Thoughts?

Randy

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rrlagman that sounds vexing! Let's see if we can't get things squared away.

Do you mind following these steps for me?

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com
    2. Using the Account menu, open the Admin Console
    3. Select the Vaults section in the top menu bar

Does the Shared vault appear as an option? If it does, and you haven't changed the users' permissions at all, they should have access.

Let's test to see if there's something else going on, too.

1. From the Vaults page, create a new test vault
    2. Invite the family member experiencing these problems to the vault
    3. Check to see if it shows up in 1Password for iOS by hitting the rainbow All Vaults icon in the top left.

What appears there? Does the new vault show up, or is it just the Personal vault?

• rrlagman
    rrlagman
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the normal "Shared" vault is there, and we are successfully sharing with two other Family users. This new (third) user doesn't see Shared.

I created a test vault, shared it with the new user (the one who cannot see the Shared vault), and it showed up almost instantly for the user who still cannot see the Shared vault.

Thoughts?

• rrlagman
    rrlagman
    Community Member
    Options

Also, I just installed the Mac client for this third user, and the Shared vault doesn't show up on the Mac either. The Personal and newly created "Test" vault seem to be find.

Randy

• rrlagman
    rrlagman
    Community Member
    Options

OK, we can close this thread. I didn't really have the time or desire to do a detailed diagnostic on this, so I deleted and recreated the account. New Key, new Password, new Personal vault, the works. This time, all worked as expected, and the newly-recreated user account now can see the Shared vault as expected.
    Thanks for your attention on this nonetheless.
    Randy

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rrlagman I'm glad that recreating the account worked! That was going to be my next suggestion, so we were on the same page ;) Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with :)

This discussion has been closed.