Teams in a Windows 7 world

Options

We run Windows 7/Chrome and iOS. Does the chrome extension work on Windows 7 for access to teams or is it going to be tied to the Windows 10 app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox/Teams

Comments

• Hi @David Buchan,

We don't yet have a version of 1Password that includes Teams support that works on Windows 7. We have the Windows 10 app, but we're also working on a Windows app that isn't a "Modern" app, one that will be able to talk to the browser extensions like we always have.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Rick

• I've been told that "Modern" is not the correct term for what I meant. I meant the part of Windows that does not look/feel like Windows "classic view".

Rick

• David Buchan
    David Buchan
    Community Member
    Options

Does that mean you are planning a Windows 7 version?

• @David Buchan we are working on 2 versions of Windows app - one for Windows 10 (universal app that runs on all Windows 10 devices) and one for Windows Desktop (classic app that is supposed to work in desktop Windows 7+). Hope this helps :)

• David Buchan
    David Buchan
    Community Member
    Options

That's just what I was looking for. :)

• rob
    Options

Sorry for the confusion there, @David Buchan :)

I'm looking forward to having cross-platform support for 1Password for Teams as well; we're pretty excited about rolling it out everywhere.

• marc_hh
    marc_hh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Is there any news for the win7 "Desktop" version with team support? We would highly appreciate to use this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nothing to announce yet, but we're working hard on it! :)

• Supawiz6991
    Supawiz6991
    Community Member
    Options

Do you expect to have the Windows 7 Compatible version released before the end of the beta? As a home user I've really enjoyed 1Password. When I saw the Teams Announcement Immediately wanted to get it deployed. I finally got some time to begin getting it setup. To my dismay I discovered the currently "Windows 10 Only" support and no Windows 7 support. Like most businesses we have not updated to windows 10 yet (Its still too young yet) and thus unable to partake in the Teams program (Think about it...how many more teams want to try this but are unable due to windows 7 not being supported yet?).

I sincerely hope the Windows 7 compatible version is release prior to the end of the beta and with enough time for me to get my users setup with it. I am hoping to use the beta to get the staff (management included) hooked on 1password so that once the beta ends they can't help but say yes to continuing with 1password.

Please don't let me down! (...and keep up the good work!)

• Jacob
    Options

@Supawiz6991 I wish I had more to share, but at the moment we're simply trying our best to get a pre-Windows 10 app with Teams and Families support out and available for our users. We're not sure quite when that will be, and when we have more details we'll definitely share them with you and our other wonderful users. As I just mentioned in another post about Windows support, I'm starting an internal discussion to improve our communication about this better with you and everyone else who is interested in Windows. Thanks so much for being patient, and kind enough to just ask us about things. :)

• seb13
    seb13
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any news for the Windows 7+ app supporting teams?

If not, is there a workaround to use auto-filling when using 1Password Teams just inside the web browser?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@seb13: It isn't possible to fill using the 1Password Teams web interface, and though we don't have anything to announce yet for Windows 7, we're getting closer every day. ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty What does getting closer in this term means? How much closer? ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ntimo: Ack! If I told you that, I'd have to kill you. And then I'd get the chair. And then neither of us will have lived to see 1Password Teams/Families on Windows 7 and 8. :scream:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I can live with that :pirate: Just tell me ;)

• Jacob
    Options

:silenced: for now. Good things take time.

• bilcastine
    bilcastine
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Win <10 support. I know you guys are working on this, just wanted to voice my support. I hate having to express my support; I'm a Mac guy. I subscribed to 1Passoword for Families but have a relative who's still using an older PC. He still has an AOL.com email address too, despite my attempts to help him modernize, so I doubt he could be convinced to update to Windows 10.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, Microsoft is trying real hard to "persuade" people to upgrade, so you probably don't need to. ;)

Meanwhile we'll make sure that whichever one they finally settle on they'll be able to use 1Password. :)

• wildfyr
    wildfyr
    Community Member
    Options

Any word on this? I have windows 7, and right now I've rigged up my 1password where I save logins from chrome, into the 1password 4.0 application, then it saves to dropbox and I sync my 1password 6.0 beta to that vault in dropbox. Needless to say this is a crappy workaround, especially since it only works to save passwords in that direction, I can't put something in my paid for locker and it is available on chrome.

For me by far the best place to add passwords is through chrome.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@wildfyr our development team is hard at work on a big update that improves support for 1Password Teams in 1Password 6 for Windows. We have a new beta available from outside the Windows Store that will help with filling via the browser extensions using your 1Password Teams vaults. It's still a beta with preliminary browser integration, but we're improving it every day :)

This discussion has been closed.