1Password fails to autofill the username at one website

I'm using strong authentication provided by my bank to log in to certain websites (common thing here in Finland). Strangely 1Password fails to fill the username portion of the bank login credentials when I'm logging in through the 3rd party strong authentication scheme, but fills the username correctly when going directly to the bank website login.

I'm guessing there is something different between the two webforms, but these look the same to me...

The field is listed as "username" in my 1Password.

The relevant URL's are:
Bank website login (autofill works fine) https://online.alandsbanken.fi/ebank/auth/initLogin.do?language=1#
Bank 3rd party authentication login (autofill doesn't work) https://kansalainen.kanta.fi/ select "Pankkitunnistus" and then click the green Ålandsbanken link in the middle.


1Password Version: 6.3 (630032)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

  • KilleriKilleri
    edited June 2016

    Hrmph, the post filtered out the actual input tags:

    This works: input type="password" name="username" maxlength="8" value="" id="username" class="textField" autocomplete="off"
    This fails: input type="password" name="username" maxlength="8" size="12" value="" id="username" class="textField" autocomplete="off"

    And the password is filled correctly in both cases, which makes this even more strange.

  • jxpx777jxpx777 Code Wrangler 1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

    Hi, Killeri. Thanks for your post. I'm sorry for the trouble you've had. I just tested1 things out and here's what I found:

    I initially saved a new Login manually from the first page you linked to and then I also created a Login in the main 1Password application rather than in the browser. The Login I saved in the browser properly restored the username and password on the first page, but not on the page that shows by following the steps you outlined to get to the alternate Login page via the third party site. But, the Login I saved in the main app worked on both pages.

    It's contrary to our usual instructions, but could you try creating a new Login for this bank in the main 1Password application and see if that works better for you? (Do not use the Item > Duplicate feature in 1Password as this will carry over the bits that are causing the mismatch.)

    That being said, I can tell from the metadata we send with the filling message that the Login saved in the browser should have filled the username in both cases, so this is something for us to investigate. I'm fairly certain it is because of the password field being used for the username, but we do have some code to handle this kind of situation, so I was surprised that this did not work. We will investigate this a bit further to figure out what might be the problem there.

    I hope that helps. Please let us know how it goes.

    --
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits


    1. I tested with 1Password extension 4.5.6.90 in the latest stable Google Chrome, and the latest 1Password for Mac beta running on the first developer preview of macOS Sierra. El Capitan should behave similarly. ↩︎

This discussion has been closed.