How do you add fields to existing Logins when editing on 1Password for Windows 10?

Options
iang
iang
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm using the latest version of Windows10 1Password App (installed today 22 June 2016).
When editing a login item on the Windows10 app, how do I add sections and fields to the login record?
Also, I have a login record that has no 'notes' field. I don't recall how I created it (on what device, I use Mac, iPhone and Windows) but I would like to add some notes to it but when I edit it on Windows10 app there's no 'notes' field, and no way (that I can see) of adding a 'notes' field.
I edited the item on my iPhone and when I put some notes in the 'notes' field, the field appears on Windows10 1Password. But that seems a bit cumbersome.

1Password Version: 6.0.161u
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: forum-search:How do you add fields to existing Logins when editing on 1Password for Windows 10?

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @iang,

I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum since you're using a beta version of 1Password 6.

Right now, the ability to add custom sections and fields hasn't been implemented yet, it will be in the near future. The note field isn't yet implemented fully either for all Login items.

• iang
    iang
    Community Member
    Options

OK thanks. (I hadn't realised that it was still a beta version, as it asked me to reinstall the software today from the Windows App Store, and doesn't seem to be referred to as 'beta' anymore.)

• One of the reasons we had to re-release under new identity was some mess in the Store with old app multiple names. Search displayed "1Password Alpha", while result page was either 1Password Alpha or 1Password Beta, and installed app was 1Password Beta.

Now we've chosen to put final name right from the start.

This discussion has been closed.