I have never been able to login to either the 1password App on my macbook or through the safari brow

Options
Jaci
Jaci
Community Member

I just purchased the 1password app from Itunes 2 days ago( June 20, 2016). I had first downloaded a demo from agile.

I have never been able to login to either the 1password App on my macbook or through the safari browser extension; the message I keep getting is “Incorrect password. Please try again.” I know that my master password is correct because I CAN login to the account through the website at team-tstm.1password.com

In addition, I also changed the master password to something else in case there was some strange problem with my original master password. Again, I was able to log back into my account through the website using the new password, but I STILL CANNOT log in through the App or the browser extension.
My computer is OX Yosemiti, 10.10.5

Comments

• Hi @Jaci,

It sounds like when you first downloaded the demo, you created a different master password than your password for your team-tstm account. Assuming any data you wish to keep is still in your team account (you can check by logging in through the website), we can start over.

If your data is all in your team-tstm account, here is how to start over:
    1. Launch the 1Password application but do not try to login.
    2. Go to the Help menu and choose Troubleshooting > Start Over
    3. Enter the displayed code and click Delete Data and Start Over

Now 1Password will show a Welcome screen. Click "Sign in to your 1Password Account` and enter the credentials for your team-tstm account. This time the password will match and it will automatically add the data from your teams account.

If you need any assistance with this, or have any questions, please reply.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Jaci
    Jaci
    Community Member
    Options

I will try this eve and let everyone know. Cheers

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully it all goes well, but if you run into trouble just let us know and we'll continue from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.