Dropbox Sync Issues

Options
peppertrader
peppertrader
Community Member

I am running 1Password 6.4.2 on IOS 9.3.3 on an iPhone and iPad. I'm also running 1Password for Mac 6.5 Beta 4 on 10.11.6.
I have verified all devices are configured to use the same Dropbox Sync account and path and there are no sync errors being reported from any device. I have also double checked my Dropbox folders to make sure I don't have multiple 1Password databases.

The issue is that nothing is getting synced to or from my iPhone. The total number of items in my vault on my iPad and my Mac is 785 but my iPhone shows 789.
I am using opvault format.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @peppertrader,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing via Dropbox! I'm sure we can help solve this one way or another.

It sounds like Dropbox sync is enabled in 1Password on all 3 devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad) and that they are all pointing to the same sync file in the same location in Dropbox. If I understand, the problem is just with the iPhone - so does that mean sync works correctly between your Mac and iPad?

As a test, can you please try the following:

• On the iPad, add a new Secure Note and name it "Test from iPad"
    • On the iPhone, add a new Secure Note and name it "Test from iPhone"
    • On the Mac, add a new Secure Note and name it "Test from Mac"

Allow the sync to complete on each one. Once you've created the test items and all devices have finished syncing with Dropbox, which of those new Secure Notes appear on which devices?

Assuming not all of those items appear on all devices, please reboot your Mac, iPad, and iPhone. After they restart, check 1Password on each one. Does that make any difference?

Let us know how it all goes and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• peppertrader
    peppertrader
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Drew,

I created the Secure Notes on all three devices. On the iPad, I seen the note from Mac and iPad but not iPhone. On iPhone I seen all three. On Mac, I seen the note from iPad and Mac but not iPhone.

I restarted the iPhone and now I see all three notes on all devices. The other entries that were added from iPhone now show up on the iPad and Mac. Looks like the iPhone reboot was the fix.

Thanks you for the quick response and for making a great product. I have turned on many friends and relatives to 1Password and will continue to do so.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, I'm glad it's working correctly now after rebooting the iPhone! Hopefully it works correctly for you from now on, but if the problem starts happening again, please let us know and we'll take a further look into that.

Thanks so much for your kind words and for recommending 1Password to friends & relatives! We wouldn't be where we are today without awesome customers like you helping to spread the word, so we truly appreciate it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.