Typing into a secure note in 1Password Mac (OS X 10.11.2) is lagging

Options
apwhitehurst
apwhitehurst
Community Member

When I type into a secure note, there's at least a 1 second delay (no delay on iOS).

Also, when I open it on iOS, it auto-scrolls to the middle of the note, so I have to manually scroll back up to the top. Takes forever in very long notes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard lag in secure notes

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @apwhitehurst,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with Secure Notes! We'll be happy to help get to the bottom of this.

When I type into a secure note, there's at least a 1 second delay

I haven't been able to reproduce this in 1Password on my Mac. Can you please let us know the specific steps you're taking? For example, does that happen for one specific Secure Note or for all Secure Notes in your vault? Does it happen when creating a brand new Secure Note and typing information in it? Or does it happen when editing existing Secure Notes? In which field(s) are you typing when you notice the lag (for example, the title, the notes field, a custom field)? Are you able to reproduce the same problem in other types of items? Are you editing Secure Notes in the main 1Password app or in 1Password mini / browser extension?

Also, when I open it on iOS, it auto-scrolls to the middle of the note, so I have to manually scroll back up to the top. Takes forever in very long notes.

On my iPhone, I tried opening Secure Notes with very long notes fields, but I didn't see any problem like that. What are the exact steps you take to reproduce that issue? Do you simply tap on a Secure Note item to read it?

It will also help us if you can let us know a few more details about your setup:

Thanks in advance! :)

• apwhitehurst
    apwhitehurst
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 6, Families account
    Version 6.3.1 (631006)
    AgileBits Store
    Syncing with iCloud

--

It seems that the issue is only with my super long note. To give you an idea of length, it's a year-long daily journal.

In the desktop app, it happens when I edit the same long note. When I click on the note title (from the Secure Notes list), there's a 5 second lag before the note opens. Then typing into it, it takes a few seconds after I type to see the letters appear.

I'm testing iOS now, and there's also 5 second lag before the one long note opens (all my other notes open without lag). I tap the note title, tap edit and then tap again to edit.

Re the jump-down-to-the-middle issue, it happens in every note in iOS, not just the long one.

• Hi @apwhitehurst ,

Thanks for writing in with more information. I suspect the lag is due to the app having to decrypt and present the entire long note. Word processors and text editors do not have to decrypt long documents so they only have to load the parts that are displayed, meaning they can do it a little faster.

Though I don't know the exact size of the note, five seconds is a bit high for that though, so we can investigate to see if anything can be done to speed it up.

The iOS jumping issue is a known issue and our iOS developers are looking into that one.

Regards,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-4194

This discussion has been closed.