At least one item not syncing in 1Password 6.4.2 between iOS 9.3.2 and Mac OS X 10.11.5

Options
StuffAndyMakes
StuffAndyMakes
Community Member

I kept having to recover my password for a social network either on my iPhone or my Mac at home. I'd paste in from 1Password on the Mac at home and the password would be invalid, so I'd recover it and login. Then, I'd go to my iPhone and launch that social network's app and it would tell me it failed to authenticate, so I'd recover my password again and login. I opened 1Password on both the iPhone and the Mac and the password for that social network did not match in my 1Password apps. I synced BOTH sides and the password NEVER updates between the two.

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StuffAndyMakes,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing 1Password changes between your Mac and iPhone!

Is this a problem with that one specific Login item, and other changes to other items sync correctly? Or are none of your changes syncing? To test that, please try this:

• On the Mac, add a new Secure Note and name it "Test from Mac"
    • On the iPhone, add a new Secure Note and name it "Test from iPhone"

Allow both to sync, then check to see if both new items appear on both devices. If they do, there might be a problem with the Login item which is not syncing correctly.

On the other hand, if the new items don't sync to each device, please check some settings to make sure iCloud sync is set up properly:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences.
    • Click the Sync tab and make sure iCloud is selected for your Primary vault.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up iCloud sync by following the steps here: Sync with iCloud (Mac)

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is iCloud.
    • If it shows a different sync service or says Start Syncing, set up iCloud sync by following the steps here: Sync with iCloud (iOS)

Let us know how it goes. If iCloud sync wasn't enabled on your Mac or iPhone, does enabling it solve the problem?

• StuffAndyMakes
    StuffAndyMakes
    Community Member
    Options

Both ends say they've synced, but the secure note is not appearing on the iOS side.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StuffAndyMakes,

...the secure note is not appearing on the iOS side.

Do you mean the Secure Note you created on your Mac did not sync to your iPhone?

What about the Secure Note you created on your iPhone - did that sync to your Mac?

It will also help if you can let us know the following:

Thanks in advance! :)

• StuffAndyMakes
    StuffAndyMakes
    Community Member
    Options

Note created on Mac does not show up on iPhone. Version info for Mac 1Password 6.3.1 (631005). Also, on my Mac, when I go to the preferences for 1Password and select iCloud to sync with (was turned off to start from scratch), it hangs and then eventually says iCloud isn't available. When I go to System Preferences and check iCloud, the pane for that hangs for a minute or two, then slowly becomes responsive. I'm starting to think something is going on with iCloud.

• StuffAndyMakes
    StuffAndyMakes
    Community Member
    Options

This is what 1Password is doing on the Mac. iCloud IS enabled on my Mac. Everything else that uses iCloud (Photos, Contacts, Safari, Pages, Numbers, etc.) are working fine AND I can browse my iCloud drive. I have TONS of space on it, as well. I've purchased extra space because I have decades of photos and tons of music and movies.

• Hi @StuffAndyMakes ,

Thank you for sending in that screenshot. I wonder if there is a networking error going on. By the way, if you have a utility like LittleSnitch, Sophos, or another security app, make sure it allows 1Password mini to connect to the Internet. A utility like one of those could prevent 1Password from connecting to iCloud properly.

Regardless of that, the app will log networking errors so we can have a look. Try to set up to iCloud sync one more time. Take note of the date and time you are doing this. And if it fails again, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Also, include the date and time you tried to set up iCloud sync.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to see what is going on.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.