1Password on new computer doesn't recogize me as a customer wants me to buy it again

Options
drakead
drakead
Community Member

I trans over 1Password from old comp to my new MacBook Pro and it is not seeing im a customer

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I trans over 1Password from old comp to my new MacBook Pro and it is not seeing im a customer

Comments

• drakead
    drakead
    Community Member
    Options

I trans over 1Password from old comp to my new MacBook Pro and it is not seeing im a customer

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drakead,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password on your new Mac! We'll be happy to help figure this out.

First, we'll need to know some more details about what's happening on your end:

I trans over 1Password from old comp to my new MacBook Pro...

Can you elaborate on that? How exactly did you transfer 1Password from your old Mac to your new Mac? Do you mean you copied the app file from the Applications folder? If so, did you also copy any files containing your 1Password data, or just the app file?

...it is not seeing im a customer

I'm not quite sure what you mean. In what way does it not see that you're a customer? Do you mean the app is saying that it's in trial mode, or gives you a 'Trial Expired' message? Or do you mean your data isn't showing up when you launch the 1Password app? Or something else?

If you can describe exactly what you're trying to do, the exact steps you're taking to do it, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead, we should have a much better idea of how to help you get things working again. Thanks in advance! :)

• drakead
    drakead
    Community Member
    Options

I did a clone of the old hard drive then just pulled it into the new computer

• drakead
    drakead
    Community Member
    Options

I also went back and got the folder that had all my current passwords so I didn't have to redo them

• drakead
    drakead
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I was using it thinking all good, just discovered today "Trial Mode" has ended. I didn't realize I was in that mode.

• drakead
    drakead
    Community Member
    Options

So I'm guessing I need to find my license and get it into the new computers app? How would I do that? Do you have me on file where you can email that to me?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @drakead! Those details are helpful. If I understand, you have all your data in 1Password on your new Mac, and the app is working, but it says the trial has expired. In that case, you just need to activate it with your license, as you guessed. We have more information here: If you see “Trial Expired” in 1Password

I searched in our system for the email address from your forum account and was able to find a license for you for 1Password 6 for Mac. I had that resent to your email, so you'll be able to use that to activate 1Password (as described in the above link).

Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• drakead
    drakead
    Community Member
    Options

SUCCESS!! THANK YOU!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! You're very welcome, and I'm really glad that's all sorted out for you now. We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.