I am trying to sync an Android Table with iOS and OS X devices via Dropbox.

Options
Johnnylane
Johnnylane
Community Member

OSX created a file called 1Password.opvault on Dropbox. My iOS device is fine with this. The Android device sees it as a folder and doesn't recognize it as a key.

What do I do?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.2.1, ASUS Zenpad S 8.0
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to sync my iOS and OS X devices with an Android Tablet via drop box.

Comments

• minhqp107
    minhqp107
    Community Member
    Options

Having same problem and come here for help. Trying to sync my note 5 with the vault indropbox from my iPhone.

• peri
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @acephyo, @minhqp107, and @Johnnylane. It sounds like you all have the same problem, here, so I've merged these threads.

1Password on Android uses the Agile Keychain format for Dropbox and local storage sync. We don’t support the OPVault format for these sync methods yet, but this is something that we are planning on adding soon. Conversely, 1Password on iOS can only create an OPVault vault.

I recommend creating a new Agile Keychain vault from Android with the same Master Password you use on the iOS device, and creating a new test item within that vault before syncing. Then open the sync settings in 1Password on iOS, and change Dropbox syncing. This time, make sure to select the .agilekeychain folder.

Let me know if that does the trick! Thanks!

• acephyo
    acephyo
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1password on my iphone 6+ ios 9.2.1 . I want to sync with my android but can't sync . In ios 1password latest version , dropbox latest version. In my android also latest version of 1password and dropbox.

but this message has been pop up.

"Vault not found

A 1password vault wasn't found in this folder. Please check that you have the correct location"

I was in the right folder and I try everything in troubleshoot. Please help me.

Best regards,
    Acephyo

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• acephyo
    acephyo
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1password on my iphone 6+ ios 9.2.1 . I want to sync with my android but can't sync . In ios 1password latest version , dropbox latest version. In my android also latest version of 1password and dropbox.

but this message has been pop up.

"Vault not found

A 1password vault wasn't found in this folder. Please check that you have the correct location"

I was in the right folder and I try everything in troubleshoot. Please help me.

Best regards,
    Acephyo

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• acephyo
    acephyo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @peri now my ios and android are sync :-)
    Try that guys go create something in 1password app and go sync in android first and then android create agile keychain folder in dropbox and you can go sync in ios and merge these folder . You are good to go.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @acephyo! I'm glad that did the trick. :)

• mickeskogstrom
    mickeskogstrom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri im having trouble with this. I just bought a Nexus 5X, and I use a iPhone 6 and a Mac. Can't sync to Android. I reinstalled the app on Android. Created a new vault. What's next? Do I sync and merge it with the one on Dropbox?

I really need to get this to work. Never that I'm entering all my hundreds off passwords manually! :'(

Best
    Micke

• peri
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hey @mickeskogstrom. This thread was a little old, and we've since added support for syncing OPVault vaults through Dropbox, so you should be able to sync with your existing vault just fine.

Can you please follow these steps to start over on Android?

Once you've started over, you can sync with the vault you already have in Dropbox syncing between your Mac and iOS. If you're not sure of the path, simply look at the Sync tab in the Preferences window on your Mac. The path should be something like ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.opvault. Do you see a similar path?

If so, just launch 1Password on Android and configure sync with this vault (rather than the .agilekeychain you just created). Are you able to sync now?

This discussion has been closed.