[Bug] Can't add family portrait

Options
EnerJi
EnerJi
Community Member

Trying to knock out my remaining "quests" and ran into this error message trying to upload an 800kb .JPG for my family portrait:

"Error

Failed to upload image.
Invalid request parameters."

1Password Version: Families
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EnerJi thanks for the feedback! We agree that we could offer more information about why a specific photo couldn't be uploaded, and hope to address this some time in the future. In the meantime your best bet is to edit the image to a smaller size and try to re-upload it. Not the most elegant of solutions -- it might involve some trial and error -- but it will still let everyone see that handsome family portrait :)

ref: B5-1711

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @nmott. Can you tell me the specific requirements (maximum size, etc.?) so I don't have to try and guess? The photo was already cropped and fairly small (only 800 Kb). It was a download from Google Photos, FWIW.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EnerJi that photo should have worked, but we've recently learned that there's a small error in the way 1Password Families is checking on file size. If you edit the photo to around 700 kb it should work. Do you mind giving that a try?

• EpicKris
    EpicKris
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott I've got the same problem, and using a file size smaller than 700 kb.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EpicKris thanks for the feedback, and I'm sorry for the frustration. I've passed this along to our development team :)

ref: B5-1711

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott Forgot to follow-up on this: I was able to get the picture to upload after resizing it from 887 Kb to 725 Kb, but it doesn't look at all good. The quality just looks "off," and it's far too small to see any detail or really even to see what's going on. A different picture might look better, but I would still like to see higher quality images displayed larger on the screen.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up. We're hoping to improve this at some point, but I can't guess if or when this change will make it out to customers. In the meantime, thanks for the feedback here, as it helps us know what we can improve :)

• EpicKris
    EpicKris
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott I had to resize my picture down to 1920 px x 1920 px for it to work.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Good to know, @EpicKris. Thank you for following up to share the dimensions that worked for you. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.