Charged twice - Purchased license @ trial expiry not realizing I'd already been charged.

Options
sallyamoore
sallyamoore
Community Member

I purchased a license, so was surprised when I received notification that my trial was soon to expire. I assumed I hadn't actually been charged yet and entered my CC info again, only to later discover I'd been charged twice. I'd like to use the license I originally purchased on 5/23/16 and be refunded the higher price I paid on 6/22/16. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased a license but was then notified that my trial was expiring

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

AgileBits will give you a refund. If the email address you used to purchase is the same as the one used for the forum, they will do it automatically, if you use different addresses they will need more info.

The problem was most likely that the licence needs to be APPLIED, just purchasing is not enough. You should have an email from when you made the original purchase, and that has a clickable link to apply the licence. If you can't find the email, go to https://agilebits.com/home/licenses and ask for it again.

Finally (if it's not a typo in your post) you might as well upgrade 1PW to 6.3.1 which is the current version.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @sallyamoore,

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with 1Password and the way to apply the license. I've resent your license from 5/23/16. You only need to click on the link there that says “Click here to Apply Your 1Password License“ and you'll be set to use 1Password!

To get a refund on the second license, please shoot us an email to support+refunds@agilebits.com and we'll take care of it over there. Please add a link from this thread to your email so we can connect the dots and be able to help you better!

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the email and easily have access to all the information that you've given us! :chuffed:

• sallyamoore
    sallyamoore
    Community Member
    Options

I clicked 'Apply your license', which downloaded the license and opened 1Password, but the license didn't actually update -- the purchase date still shows as 6/22/16 (see attached). Please advise.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sallyamoore,

That's okay. It will use that other license with no problems. If you ever reinstall 1Password for Mac (or get a new Mac), you'll just use the new license. No sense in making this any harder for yourself than it needs to be. You're good to go!

Have a great rest of your week!

This discussion has been closed.