I am going to reinstall my os. How do I back up all for 1passwprd 6. To reinstall?

Options
ArtGrafx
ArtGrafx
Community Member

Due to system corruption, I am going to wipe & reinstall my os. Do you have a safe step by step back up procedure for 1password 6. To reinstall?
1password 6
el capitan os

1Password Version: version 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am going to reinstall my os. How do I back up all for 1passwprd 6. To reinstall?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ArtGrafx,

Thanks for asking about this.

If it were me, I'd just make sure my data was synced to Dropbox or iCloud, then install 1Password and sync it back. That's the easiest way.

Of course, I also have a full backup of my system at all times. (Well, multiple backups: Time Machine [local], CrashPlan [remote], SuperDuper [local bootable clone].) So if anything goes wrong when syncing from Dropbox or iCloud, you can use one of the backups. The odds of something going wrong when syncing from Dropbox or iCloud are pretty small, though. That's why the backups are called backups not The Plan.

So, my recommendation is to [always] have a complete backup of your system. Then just sync your 1Password data.

Manually ferreting out all the right files (and manually restoring them) is a lot more work and unnecessary in 99% of cases. (And even then the exact files depend on whether you are using the version of 1Password from the Mac App Store or from our website). It's just a lot more complicated than I want to make your life. I don't know you, but you must be a nice person if you are a 1Password user. :)

But if you still would prefer the hard way, let me know. We'll make it happen.

This discussion has been closed.